Catalyst Marketing Manager
At Guayakí Yerba Mate, we're more than just a beverage company: we believe yerba mate culture allows us to "COME TO LIFE" together and is an invitation to personal, social, ecological and cultural regeneration. Market Driven Regeneration™ is Guayakí Yerba Mate’s business model that aspires to create a net positive impact in the world throughout our operations and supply web. It influences the ingredients we source and products we make, distribute, and sell in order to have a positive impact on people and the planet throughout our business.
As our team expands, we are looking for people to join us who are committed to this aspiration and believe a better world is possible. Our company culture is driven by collaboration, support and teamwork which allows us to grow together. We believe that learning from different perspectives and seeking shared solutions together is an opportunity to grow both individually and as an organization. As an international company rooted in yerba mate native to South America, our people come from different cultures and backgrounds that are welcomed and valued. We question the status quo and seek innovative solutions to help drive the global regenerative business movement. We invite individuals to join our team who embrace work as a collective and aspire to using business as a force for good.
The Catalyst Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing and developing strategic relationships in accordance with company and brand’s overarching objective and strategic goals. This role will interact with multiple Marketing departments including Brand, Communications, Creative and Field Marketing. The goal of this role is to insert the brand into the cultural zeitgeist in order to authentically expand brand reach. Placing the brand into adjacent lifestyle pillars to become more culturally relevant (ex. fashion, music, sports, entertainment, wellness). Simply put, this role is building our cultural cache through relationships with influential people, brands, communities, organizations and thought leaders. You'll report to the Director, Communications and will be required to come into our Venice Beach, CA office 2-3 times a week.
How you’ll help:
- Exploring, evaluating, and identifying collaboration opportunities within different priority verticals (sport, music, arts, etc).
- Create a holistic catalyst strategy and process-driven approach.
- Identify, source and manage opportunities based on marketing priorities.
- Collaborate with x-functional team(s) to determine project deliverables, success metrics and partnership KPIs.
- Serve as lead in negotiating, reviewing and finalizing deals in accordance with company’s contract guidelines and policies.
- Forecast, measure, and report project analytics per collaboration.
- Maintain current brand relationships while simultaneously seeking out new opportunities.
- Develop guidelines and toolkit to be shared with other regions.
- Develop and manage end-to-end collaborative projects including:
- Framing dual purpose campaign strategy
- Rate negotiations
- Contract development and process
- Product need and production calendar(s)
- Third party relations
- Analytics and reporting
- Educate and on-board partners around brand story, product knowledge and key brand messaging.
- Keep a pulse on digital marketing & social media strategy to align collaboration proposals with key initiatives.
- Serve as steward of the brand, coming up with new and inventive ways to promote the brand and products.
- Manage budget
- Develop and manage end-to-end collaborative projects including:
Here’s what you’ll provide:
- The ideal candidate has 6-8+ years of relevant experience in cultural and/or influencer marketing; Leading brand or agency partnership experience a plus. Bonus points for CPG.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication + interpersonal skills
- High emotional intelligence with an energetic attitude and strong knack for managing multiple projects and ambiguity.
- Strategic thinker, collaborative personality, high networking aptitude and “in tune” with culture.
- Proficient project manager - excelling in organization, time management, multitasking and attention to detail.
- Based in Los Angeles but willing to travel 25-30% of time.
- A strategic, reliable and collaborative team member that’s able to be resourceful and nimble while also having the ability to further a larger, strategic scope.
What we offer:
The pay range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors; actual pay offered may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Sales commissions and/or variable pay plans are also offered depending on the position (ex: monthly, quarterly, annual bonuses). Additionally, we offer a competitive benefits package including top-tier benefits, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health benefits, paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off, as well as opportunities for career growth and advancement within our team!
More about who we are:
Yerba mate. We love it, we drink it, but what, exactly, is it? Guayakí Yerba Mate started in 1996 as a passion, guided by a purpose and transformed into a brand with the goal of bringing yerba mate to more people. Known to provide a smooth energy boost and improved focus, yerba mate comes from the naturally caffeinated leaves of a species of holly tree found deep in the Atlantic Rainforest of South America and naturally contains a combination of caffeine (also found in coffee), theobromine (also found in chocolate) and polyphenols (also found in green tea) offering a unique beverage experience.
Guayakí Yerba Mate offers a variety of options to meet energy and refreshment needs through a robust portfolio of ready to drink beverages and traditional loose-leaf products. Brewed with yerba mate and infused with real fruit juices and herbs, Guayaki Yerba Mate is proudly sourced with regenerative, organic and fair-trade certified ingredients.
To learn more about our impact, check out our Impact Report at: impactreport.guayaki.com
Guayakí Yerba Mate is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.