Key Accounts Manager - Large Format (Southeast)
At Guayakí Yerba Mate, we're more than just a beverage company: we believe yerba mate culture allows us to "COME TO LIFE" together and is an invitation to personal, social, ecological and cultural regeneration. Market Driven Regeneration™ is Guayakí Yerba Mate’s business model that aspires to create a net positive impact in the world throughout our operations and supply web. It influences the ingredients we source and products we make, distribute, and sell in order to have a positive impact on people and the planet throughout our business.
As our team expands, we are looking for people to join us who are committed to this aspiration and believe a better world is possible. Our company culture is driven by collaboration, support and teamwork which allows us to grow together. We believe that learning from different perspectives and seeking shared solutions together is an opportunity to grow both individually and as an organization. As an international company rooted in yerba mate native to South America, our people come from different cultures and backgrounds that are welcomed and valued. We question the status quo and seek innovative solutions to help drive the global regenerative business movement. We invite individuals to join our team who embrace work as a collective and aspire to using business as a force for good.
We're looking for a dedicated, hardworking Key Account Manager (KAM) to oversee and nurture Guayaki's commercial relationships within your designated KA in the Southeast region. As a KAM, your role will revolve around crafting strategic action plans, aligning with Guayaki's growth strategy, and fulfilling objectives for large format chain customers in the off-premises channel. Your efforts will play a pivotal role in harmonizing our mission with the retailer's strategy, creating a win-win partnership. This is a full-time remote position and you'll report to the Director of Key Accounts, East.
How you'll help:
- Build an annual business plan (BP) for each customer to deliver against revenue, volume, profit, share goals through a joint business planning process with assigned KAs.
- Deliver business plan goals across region and directly managed KA accounts; proactively monitor and manage any adjustments anticipated to have operational/financial impacts.
- Develop and maximize ad hoc opportunities as they arise including development of execution plan, expected impact, and budget/investment criteria.
- Manage in-store execution and activation through close collaboration with the distribution partner managers (DPM) and field marketing teams.
- Develop and implement promotional programs that are aligned with retailer strategy and Guayaki BP, including utilization of data, an understanding of key drivers and customer dynamics to maximize ROI.
- Target and secure new accounts that will help you and the company deliver on business plan goals for volume and acv
- Develop and deliver fact-based customer presentations, including annual planning, business reviews, activation/promotion recaps, and issue/resolution plans (where required).
- Work collaboratively with distribution, category management, and marketing teams to translate consumer and shopper insights into comprehensive and actionable sell stories to support market and store level execution.
What you'll provide:
- 5+ years of CPG industry (beverage preferred) experience in a related KA role.
- Current Driver's License with clean driving record and meet DOT driving standards.
- Established relationships with KA decision makers in assigned territory.
- Knowledge of direct store delivery (DSD) distribution.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, planning, negotiation, and analytics skills.
- Advanced level Microsoft PowerPoint and excel skills.
How you'll be successful in this role:
- Strategic Business Planning: Success in this role involves the ability to build comprehensive annual business plans for each customer, in collaboration with assigned Key Accounts (KAs). These plans should effectively deliver on revenue, volume, profit, and market share goals through a well-structured joint business planning process.
- Goal Achievement and Adaptation: Achieving business plan goals is essential. Successful candidates should demonstrate the capability to consistently deliver on objectives across the region and directly managed KA accounts. Additionally, being proactive in monitoring and managing any necessary adjustments to mitigate operational or financial impacts is key.
- Proactive Opportunity Utilization: Success is also achieved by actively identifying and maximizing ad hoc opportunities as they arise. This includes the development of execution plans, assessing expected impacts, and applying budget and investment criteria to make sound decisions, contributing to overall growth and profitability.
- Travel will be based on customer preferences for in-person meetings vs virtual.
- Expect for 50% travel for meetings, market tours, tier 1 distributor business plan meetings and promotional blitz plans.
What we offer:
The pay range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors; actual pay offered may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Sales commissions and/or variable pay plans are also offered depending on the position (ex: monthly, quarterly, annual bonuses). Additionally, we offer a competitive benefits package including top-tier benefits, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health benefits, paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off, as well as opportunities for career growth and advancement within our team!
More about who we are:
Yerba mate. We love it, we drink it, but what, exactly, is it? Guayakí Yerba Mate started in 1996 as a passion, guided by a purpose and transformed into a brand with the goal of bringing yerba mate to more people. Known to provide a smooth energy boost and improved focus, yerba mate comes from the naturally caffeinated leaves of a species of holly tree found deep in the Atlantic Rainforest of South America and naturally contains a combination of caffeine (also found in coffee), theobromine (also found in chocolate) and polyphenols (also found in green tea) offering a unique beverage experience.
Guayakí Yerba Mate offers a variety of options to meet energy and refreshment needs through a robust portfolio of ready to drink beverages and traditional loose-leaf products. Brewed with yerba mate and infused with real fruit juices and herbs, Guayaki Yerba Mate is proudly sourced with regenerative, organic and fair-trade certified ingredients.
To learn more about our impact, check out our Impact Report at: impactreport.guayaki.com
Guayakí Yerba Mate is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.