Material Handler - Sacramento, CA
At Guayakí Yerba Mate, we're more than just a beverage company: we believe yerba mate culture allows us to "COME TO LIFE" together and is an invitation to personal, social, ecological and cultural regeneration. Market Driven Regeneration™ is Guayakí Yerba Mate’s business model that aspires to create a net positive impact in the world throughout our operations and supply web. It influences the ingredients we source and products we make, distribute, and sell in order to have a positive impact on people and the planet throughout our business.
As our team expands, we are looking for people to join us who are committed to this aspiration and believe a better world is possible. Our company culture is driven by collaboration, support and teamwork which allows us to grow together. We believe that learning from different perspectives and seeking shared solutions together is an opportunity to grow both individually and as an organization. As an international company rooted in yerba mate native to South America, our people come from different cultures and backgrounds that are welcomed and valued. We question the status quo and seek innovative solutions to help drive the global regenerative business movement. We invite individuals to join our team who embrace work as a collective and aspire to using business as a force for good.
That's why we're looking for a Material Handler to help perform warehouse activities for the The Yerba Mate Co, LLC which includes inventory management, ensuring efficient organized storage of inventory, fleet management, and daily operations geared towards operational excellence. By streamlining all warehouse activities, you will help improve overall warehouse efficiency. You will be on your feet loading and unloading inventory, supplies and other packaging from multiple locations, like storage areas, delivery trucks and loading docks. You'll also track the stock within the warehouse, record orders and store the company’s merchandise, and move products in warehouses using equipment such as trucks or forklifts. You will report to the Warehouse Manager and are expected to be on-site at the Sacramento Warehouse Monday – Friday, 5 days a week.
How you'll help:
- Stage product on a daily basis for efficient loading and load vehicles for Customer Sales Representatives
- Unloads vehicles and cross references product with our system (Encompass) to ensure accuracy on both ends.
- Check for damages/notate all “promos” made by CSR.
- Inspect vehicle cleanliness during loading/unloading process.
- Help perform daily activities of the warehouse, Fleet and Product- including quality assurance, inventory control (First in First Out), space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping and customer service.
- Responsible for daily inventory to ensure accurate counting and tracking inventory on trucks and in the warehouse.
- Necessary fluids and condition of fleet is inspected and reported weekly
- Help schedule the delivery of fleet vehicles for routine maintenance.
- Inspect cleanliness and overall condition of the warehouse
- Help with the disposal of damage/out-of-date product
- Educate employees on safety standards and expectations, and safe operation of equipment through online and in-person training.
- Advise leadership team on safety compliance concerns and required preventative actions.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Follow all accident and injuries reporting procedures, including submittal into the Incident Management System. · Inspect working conditions to ensure all activities are compliant with company and regulatory standards.
- Create a culture of safety.
Here's what you'll provide:
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior Warehouse Experience
- Forklift Certified
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Professional team-player and collaborator with great oral and written skills.
- Knowledge of beverage operations
- Current driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years old
Travel & Physical Requirements:
- Employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. · Employee frequently is required to walk and sit.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Forklift and commercial vehicle operations
What we offer:
The pay range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors; actual pay offered may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Sales commissions and/or variable pay plans are also offered depending on the position (ex: monthly, quarterly, annual bonuses). Additionally, we offer a competitive benefits package including top-tier benefits, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health benefits, paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off, as well as opportunities for career growth and advancement within our team!
More about who we are:
Yerba mate. We love it, we drink it, but what, exactly, is it? Guayakí Yerba Mate started in 1996 as a passion, guided by a purpose and transformed into a brand with the goal of bringing yerba mate to more people. Known to provide a smooth energy boost and improved focus, yerba mate comes from the naturally caffeinated leaves of a species of holly tree found deep in the Atlantic Rainforest of South America and naturally contains a combination of caffeine (also found in coffee), theobromine (also found in chocolate) and polyphenols (also found in green tea) offering a unique beverage experience.
Guayakí Yerba Mate offers a variety of options to meet energy and refreshment needs through a robust portfolio of ready to drink beverages and traditional loose-leaf products. Brewed with yerba mate and infused with real fruit juices and herbs, Guayaki Yerba Mate is proudly sourced with regenerative, organic and fair-trade certified ingredients.
To learn more about our impact, check out our Impact Report at: impactreport.guayaki.com
Guayakí Yerba Mate is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.