Customer Sales Representative
At Guayakí Yerba Mate, we're more than just a beverage company: we believe yerba mate culture allows us to "COME TO LIFE" together and is an invitation to personal, social, ecological and cultural regeneration. Market Driven Regeneration™ is Guayakí Yerba Mate’s business model that aspires to create a net positive impact in the world throughout our operations and supply web. It influences the ingredients we source and products we make, distribute, and sell in order to have a positive impact on people and the planet throughout our business.
As our team expands, we are looking for people to join us who are committed to this aspiration and believe a better world is possible. Our company culture is driven by collaboration, support and teamwork which allows us to grow together. We believe that learning from different perspectives and seeking shared solutions together is an opportunity to grow both individually and as an organization. As an international company rooted in yerba mate native to South America, our people come from different cultures and backgrounds that are welcomed and valued. We question the status quo and seek innovative solutions to help drive the global regenerative business movement. We invite individuals to join our team who embrace work as a collective and aspire to using business as a force for good.
We're looking for a Customer Sales Representative's to increase product sales and placement of displays at all large and small format "off premise" stores. You will upsell inventory, cooler space, and product displays and effectively service all customers in a safe and productive manner according to The Yerba Mate Co, LLC's executional standards. You will report to the Area Sales Leader and will be on-site at the Sacramento Warehouse Monday – Friday starting at 5 am, 5 days a week.
How you’ll help:
- Manage the relationship with the customers to sell Guayaki Yerba Mate products to assigned accounts within your region.
- Complete daily sales route covering existing accounts and prospect for new accounts.
- Ensure that all The Yerba Mate Co, LLC's equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Safely operate and maintain company provided vehicle and follow company vehicle policy.
- Collect payment from customers, and ensure that all required paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted via mobile app after each sale is completed.
- Manage inventory, receive shipments, and maintains a clean/organized storage unit.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with your customers to increase sales and selling space.
- Evaluate all competitors' activities such as new launches and price reductions and communicate with Area Sales Leader.
- Meet monthly key performance indicators (KPI's) focused on the following areas: sales, distribution, pricing, display, new accounts and other merchandising components.
- Build and protect Guayaki Yerba Mate brand through proper rotation to ensure fresh product and set proper brand flow following the company's standards.
- Increase inventory and diversity of products offered at each assigned account while delivering fresh product and always looking to improve in store branding.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Here’s what you’ll provide:
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Driver's License with clean driving record and meet DOT driving standards.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Previous sales experience is desirable, but not required
- Knowledge of the beverage market
- Additional Language skills an advantage
Travel & Physical Requirements:
- Travel as needed for market support
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Employee frequently is required to walk and sit.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Various vehicle and equipment operations
What we offer:
The pay range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors; actual pay offered may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Sales commissions and/or variable pay plans are also offered depending on the position (ex: monthly, quarterly, annual bonuses). Additionally, we offer a competitive benefits package including top-tier benefits, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health benefits, paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off, as well as opportunities for career growth and advancement within our team!
More about who we are:
Yerba mate. We love it, we drink it, but what, exactly, is it? Guayakí Yerba Mate started in 1996 as a passion, guided by a purpose and transformed into a brand with the goal of bringing yerba mate to more people. Known to provide a smooth energy boost and improved focus, yerba mate comes from the naturally caffeinated leaves of a species of holly tree found deep in the Atlantic Rainforest of South America and naturally contains a combination of caffeine (also found in coffee), theobromine (also found in chocolate) and polyphenols (also found in green tea) offering a unique beverage experience.
Guayakí Yerba Mate offers a variety of options to meet energy and refreshment needs through a robust portfolio of ready to drink beverages and traditional loose-leaf products. Brewed with yerba mate and infused with real fruit juices and herbs, Guayaki Yerba Mate is proudly sourced with regenerative, organic and fair-trade certified ingredients.
To learn more about our impact, check out our Impact Report at: impactreport.guayaki.com
Guayakí Yerba Mate is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.