Director of Sales - West
Kettle & Fire
As Director of Sales - West, you are responsible for increasing Kettle & Fire sales in the in Western Region of the United States, in alignment with the national sales strategy. By delivering sales and profit plan through sales planning, customer engagement, and execution you will be playing a vital role in the growth of Kettle & Fire.
Kettle & Fire Mission:
“We create products that heal rather than harm.”
When we talk about creating products that heal, we mean two things:
We create products that support our consumers on their path to improved health and wellness.
We create products that support a healthy food system.
Kettle & Fire Core Values:
All employees at Kettle & Fire operate with these core values in mind.
- Growth Mindset - We’re willing to take on projects and initiatives that may make us feel uncomfortable. We tolerate and encourage inevitable failures that come with trying something new.
- Caring About Our Customers - We put our customers first. In everything.
- Transparency - The better we share learnings amongst ourselves, the more effective we will be as a team. We’re all about building trust as a team and trust between our company and customers.
- Radical Candor - We’re all about being extremely candid with each other to help us improve. We give honest feedback (positive or negative) with the intent to help others improve rapidly, and do not take things personally.
- Deep Work - We do the work that creates the most value for ourselves and others (both the team and customers).
- Fun - If we’re not enjoying ourselves on our journey, then what’s the point?
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set performance expectations and manage all appointed brokers and distributors to achieve quality distribution in targeted accounts, timely execution of new item introductions, schematic implementation and promotional programming and ensure partners have all necessary resources required to succeed in the marketplace (e.g., product samples, sell sheets, promotional calendars, etc.)
- Prepare business reviews and sales presentations to utilize when calling on major retailers.
- Work collaboratively with marketing to continually develop, update and design new and useful sales collateral (sell sheets, rankings, etc.)
- Build a strategic and collaborative annual trade promotion calendar for assigned retail customers.
- Identify and execute opportunities to expand Kettle & Fire across all strategic channels.
- Request and analyze distribution reports to determine market coverage and opportunities for future growth.
- Attend trade shows to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities to build strong connections with key individuals and form meaningful relationships to continue to drive growth, beyond distribution.
- Offer strategic direction, guidance, and support to brokerage teams that align with Kettle & Fire trade spend guardrails and annual goals
- Conduct store audits (with broker management and/or field sales reps where possible) to ensure merchandising standards are adhered to and promotional programming is being executed
- Assist in the implementation, training, and auditing of brokerage teams and distributor territory reps to execute sell in and sell through initiatives
- Utilize existing resources to run sales reports and analysis to support future sales initiatives and decisions
- Manage relationships with key distributor buyers and supporting teams in the region
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Experience in the Grocery and Natural Channels (including but not limited to: Albertsons Safeway Divisions, HEB, Hy-Vee, Raley’s, SaveMart, Regional Natural & Specialty Chains)
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading brokers and distributors (KeHE, UNFI, DPI) servicing these channels
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, Nielsen, Retailer Portals), Microsoft Excel and Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc.)
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to accel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly adaptable & resourceful with a pioneering spirit
- Ability to travel extensively
We cannot take care of others (our customers) without taking care of ourselves (our people) first. That is why we pay extremely competitive salaries and offer a variety of perks to help you optimize your health.
- Vacation & Holidays: We offer three weeks of paid vacation each calendar year. Along with vacation, we offer 12 paid holidays each year.
- Health insurance: You have the choice to opt-in to the best health, dental and vision insurance we can get.
- Nutrition: You get a monthly budget to invest in getting fresh food locally.
- Fitness: You get a monthly budget to invest in a gym membership, personal trainer, yoga classes, and anything else that helps you increase your physical fitness.
- Books: We'll support your reading habits by covering 4 books a month.
- Meditation: We cover any app you use to improve your meditation consistency.
- Free product: You need to be able to brag about how awesome Kettle & Fire products are, so team members get free product for their personal use.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.