Backend Engineer, Data Platforms
Noom is a digital healthcare company that connects people to content, coaching, community, and clinicians to build healthy habits and promote better living. We’re a mission-driven, high-growth organization that’s powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
The Data Platform team pushes the boundaries of industry standard approaches for interacting with data, and is building incrementally to provide value on top of our current system. We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to help improve our observability of our data, the velocity of our science teams and engineers, and help re-evaluate our compute and storage technologies as Noom continues to grow.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, implement, and maintain a scalable and reliable data platform to support both real-time and batch data processing.
- Collaborate with the engineering stakeholders to ensure the seamless flow of data across various systems.
- Work closely with various teams to integrate diverse data sources, ensuring consistent, high-quality data ingestion.
- Debug and resolve data integration issues, ensuring high levels of data accuracy and availability.
- Monitor, optimize, and ensure the scalability and performance of the data platform, including databases, data lakes, and other storage solutions.
- Implement effective caching, indexing, and query optimization strategies.
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 2 years of experience as a software engineer
- Academic Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of backend coding with a focus on Python and SQL.
- Experience building a scalable data platform that supports a wide range of data pipeline use cases, covering all stages of the ETL process.
- Experience with data pipeline orchestration tools such as Airflow, dbt, or Dagster, scalable data transformation tools like Spark, Apache Flink, or Hadoop, and data warehousing systems like Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or Hive.
- Experience with Docker and AWS Lambda (or other serverless platforms) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications in English is required.
This is a remote contract role, and is open only to Croatia-based candidates, CV/resume should be submitted in English. Further details on fees and duration can be shared by your recruiter.
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.