Founded in 2018 by Ashley Mills and Mark Mullett, obé is a premium fitness lifestyle network and first-of-its-kind enterTRAINment pioneer rewriting the rules of digital fitness. With world-class talent and an inspiring, engaged community of loyal members, we bring the best of boutique fitness to your fingertips—anytime, anywhere.
At obé, fitness meets fun, with feel-good results. We keep our members moving with daily live classes, 7,000+ on-demand workouts, and progressive training programs for every goal, mood, and level. Our 20 class types include HIIT, Dance, Cardio Boxing, Strength, Pilates, Yoga, and Bounce. Members can also expect special guests and only-at-obé themes powered by major brand partners, including HBO Max, Disney, Peacock, and Paramount+.
We are currently building a world-class team of passionate experts who come to work to grow, interact, and collaborate. We’re looking for individuals who have the desire to innovate every day at a brand-obsessed, customer-focused, mission-driven, and best-in-class fitness lifestyle platform.
About the role:
We are casting a team of world class superstar instructors that members are obsessed with and want to move with! As one of our obé instructors, you are the cream of the crop when it comes to your modality & you exhibit complete command and mastery of your craft. If you’re looking to join an inclusive community while spreading knowledge of how to incorporate movement into your day (no matter where you are), this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Compensation: $150/$250 per hour (3-4 hours a week)
Who you are:
- You are the best in class professional - you possess knowledge and certifications to be the respected leader in the field and also exhibit a willingness to continue to adapt and grow in their respective fields!
- You have a superstar personality! - As an obe instructor, you are the definition of modern fitness superstars. We are the leader in entertainment, and you know how to deliver celebrity status through their “personality plus” classes. We are all about the fitness experience, and you’re able to provide a way for new friends, mentors, fashion stars, instructors to connect!
- You’re engaging! - obé is a first of its kind fitness network. As a part of the talent team, you’re standing beside actors, models, musicians, pop culture experts, and chefs. You love storytelling and you’re able to engage with your audiences even after you’re done sweating it out.
- You’re social media savvy! - our instructors are social media influencers & blazing their own trail of how they’re showing up. They own their brand and know how to attract followers to tune in & participate!
- You value diversity! - obé was built on the principles of diversity & inclusion, and our focus has always been creating and fostering joy of movement in a community environment where our members are encouraged and cheered on!
A bit more about what we’re looking for:
- You are a certified personal trainer or have a four year degree in a related field
- You are well-versed in in-person training or teaching
- You have a passion for strength training and exercise science
- You have a compelling story about how and why you got into fitness and why it’s important for you!
- You’re a strong communicator in providing verbal cues, analogies, and concise directions for correct movements
- You’re open minded in your training philosophy and willingness to learn, explore, and share ideas with the rest of the instructor team
- You’re based in the NYC area