The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the information flow and documentation for the shipping department. The essential daily function is to ensure Osea’s shipping documents and estimates are processed with accuracy, on time, and in full compliance with all vendor and regulatory requirements, including all product and shipping container labeling/marking requirements. Prepare, verify, and maintain records for all inbound & outbound shipments in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change rapidly. Duties must be performed with a high degree of accuracy and require exceptional attention to detail.
- Use Oracle NetSuite to:
- Process shipping documents according to procedures and specified shipping terms.
- Prepare documents, such as bills of lading, shipping labels, commercial invoices, packing lists, and other documentation required to accurately route shipments.
- Plan and coordinate logistics activities – such as arranging transportation, selecting appropriate shipping methods, and optimizing shipping routes – to meet delivery timelines and cost targets
- Schedule appointments and process different types of shipments for (LTL, DHL, USPS, UPS and FedEx pickups)
- Managing changes or cancellations to deliver orders efficiently.
- Continuously monitor and assess the performance of shipping carriers and recommend changes as necessary.
- Manage all procedures for the proper handling of all inventoried items including the proper documentation / transaction of all stock movements to/from Third Party Storage Provider
- Compile shipping-related data, generating reports and analyzing shipping metrics to identify areas for improvement and cost optimization
- Oversee international transportation shipment level data to allow for visibility, including updating ETD’s and ETA’s, customs information, and drayage coordination
- Assist in performing ISF filing and other customs documentation filing
Base Salary Range:
$70,000-$75,000 per year (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include work experience and skill level).
- Proficient in Oracle NetSuite
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Experience with shipping via UPS & FedEx
- Experience with shipping to outsourced vendor and routing guides
- Experience with shipping internationally & all related documents
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in field of logistics
- Competitive Salary & Benefits: In addition to competitive salary, we offer a 401k and make a generous contribution to monthly premiums for our employees’ health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Paid Time Off: We work hard but also believe that taking time off from work is essential! We offer generous PTO and company holidays annually, plus a day off on your birthday!
- Employee Discounts and Product Credit: Employees receive 50% off of all OSEA products and $1000.00+ in product credit annually