Director Demand Planning
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Operations
Location: US-Remote, preference Pacific/Mountain time zones
We are so much more than a soda brand. We’re a passionate group of people dedicated to shaking up the soda scene for good one happy gut at a time- putting the fun back into functional with our delicious, better-for-you prebiotic soda line.
Reporting into the SVP Operations, as the Director Demand Planning at poppi you will be on the ground floor to leverage your vast experience and skill set to develop and implement cross-functional demand planning processes, systems, and tools. This role is an essential next step in poppi’s scale-up and formalizing planning and forecasting capabilities that incorporate action-oriented insights across the Sales (Retail, E Commerce and Distributor Network), Supply Chain and Finance sides of the business. You will be partnering with a passionate group of accomplished and experienced functional leads with a focus proactive analytical decision support. With Poppi’s transition from Direct to a DSD route to market, the Director Demand Planning plays a key role in predicting market needs, optimizing production, and reducing stockouts or overproduction. This synergy between distribution and forecasting ensures smooth product availability and a responsive supply chain.
The Director Demand Planning is accountable for leading the process to transform Sales forecasts, Syndicated Retail data, Trade Inventories and Marketing/Promotional activities into a Demand Plan for Operations and Financial Planning
As a leader at poppi, the Director Demand Planning must be skilled and experienced in building trust and respect with the poppi Team and culturally integrate into its fast paced, start-up environment to successfully develop and launch the next level of demand planning.
- Develop, implement, and lead the overall Demand Planning process in the creation of a cross-functional, consensus-based demand plan at the Sales Channel, Customer and Route-to-market levels
- Critically assess existing systems and data sources in the development of the demand plan and implement upgrades to/or new systems and tools to facilitate more timely and accurate forecasts and demand plans
- Partner with the Functional Leads to drive alignment between the Sales and Demand Forecast, Supply Chain Plans and Financial Outlooks
- Develop and utilize statistical models and analytical methods to generate insights and fact-based projections and outlooks
- Monitor and report on mid-cycle demand variances and trends impacting the month’s demand plan and future projections
- Support strategic growth initiatives in the areas of Innovation, New Product Development, and long-term demand plans
- Understand Internal and External influences and Trends as well as marketing events and Promotional activities to facilitate modeling and analytical forecasting
Success in this Role Looks Like
- You have rolled-up your sleeves, established a 90-day plan and implemented near term improvements in poppi’s demand planning process.
- You have on-boarded, built essential relationships, and communicated (and gotten buy-in) on improved Demand Planning Processes to ensure the accuracy and timeliness for planning and reporting makes meaningful steps forward.
- You have collaborated with Functional Leads in the identification and implementation of improved data sources, analytics and forecasting platforms.
- You have demonstrated strong Demand Planning acumen by using various data sources and forecasting analytics to project business, achieve production and inventory targets, and forecast accuracy to support continuous improvement
What You Bring
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen: a true business partner; understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals; foundational understanding of statistical forecasting methods and demand planning principles.
- Process & Systems Implementation: proven ability to develop strategic plans and manage implementation and execution, along with an ability to analyze data and identify root causes.
- Planning/Organizing: prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Intellectual Curiosity: dynamic problem solver - comfortable challenging assumptions and offering solutions with incomplete information.
- Communication: communicates clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; actively participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively.
- Organized: great time and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Analytics, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience working in demand planning in support of manufacturing, supply chain, commercial, and/or finance, with direct experience working within a DSD or multi-tier distribution model
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including proficiency in data analysis, modeling, and forecasting
- Experience with Power Query or other data manipulation tools is preferred
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some incumbents assigned to the job to perform a different combination of duties. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome all applicants to inform us confidentially if you may require special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poppi is a pre-biotic soda company committed to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains and promotes based on merit and qualifications.