District Sales Manager - Los Angeles
What is Poppi?
We are so much more than a soda brand. We’re a passionate group of people dedicated to shaking up the soda scene for good one happy gut at a time- putting the fun back into functional with our delicious, better-for-you prebiotic soda line.
What You Will Do?
The District Sales Manager - Los Angeles (DSM) will oversee territory execution through strategic management of internal and external teams. The DSM is responsible for poppi’s growth through off-shelf execution and distribution management, cold box placement, multiple POD’s, lobby displays, cold equipment placements, and more. The DSM’s strategic leadership of the market will have a direct impact on the achievement of company and territory goals.
- Lead, coach, and develop your team with a focus on DSD management, including but not limited to proper inventory levels, key account execution levels, KPI tracking, MBR, and QBR.
- Elevate poppi’s presence through in-store execution, route rides with DSD partners, and team development.
- Design and communicate execution expectations for all promotional activities at the store level.
- Conduct training sessions for your team with a focus on optimizing employee deployment through trade training days.
- Utilize weekly reporting to assist the Regional Sales Manager in developing KPI’s, void closures, and growth opportunities.
- Design incentives and programming within budget guardrails, in partnership with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Manage key regional customer relationships, including communication of new item authorizations, category reviews, performance tracking, and data utilization to improve overall performance.
What You Bring?
- Demonstrated ability to drive an immediate impact on a sales team and growth in alignment with profit and brand-building goals.
- Beverage sales and business acumen with the ability to scale a distributor and exceed volume expectations.
- Commitment to representing the brand and company with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- A desire to succeed, passion for brand building, and a strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to the fast-paced needs of the Sales team.
- Dependable, decisive, and highly organized with the ability to manage competing responsibilities and prioritize opportunities.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and highly resourceful, with a focus on doing it right vs. getting it done.
- Geographic knowledge of respective territory, Los Angeles.
- 3+ years of beverage sales experience with prior people management and DSD management experience required.
- Experience opening accounts, managing large and small format account bases, and negotiating and closing deals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), VIP, and industry syndicated data (Nielsen, Spins, 7-Exchange).
- Valid state driver’s license for the posted state or territory, and reliable transportation in accordance with State requirements for motor vehicles.
- Travel requirement within the United States.
- Some lifting and the movement of moderate loads require 50-pound lifting requirement.
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours, including evenings and weekends, based on business demands.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk, and type for long periods of time.
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some incumbents assigned to the job to perform a different combination of duties. Before the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome all applicants to inform us confidentially via email@example.com if they may require special accommodations to participate fully in our recruitment experience.
Poppi is a prebiotic soda company committed to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal-opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes based on merit and qualifications.