Market Sales Manager - New Jersey
What is Poppi?
We are so much more than a soda brand. We’re a passionate group of people dedicated to shaking up the soda scene for good one happy gut at a time- putting the fun back into functional with our delicious, better-for-you prebiotic soda line.
What You Will Do?
The Market Sales Manager - New Jersey (MSM) plays a critical role within the company, responsible for managing the local/regional New Jersey territory with a focus on maximizing sales and brand awareness. This is achieved through three primary areas: excellent store-level execution, managing and training our DSD Partners to exceed sales and executional goals, and amplifying poppi’s brand awareness.
- Oversee DSD partnerships, inventory management, retailer void management, chain activation communication and execution tracking, incentive development and tracking for your respective territory.
- Lead in-store execution and brand growth in your respective territory, including but not limited to selling in displays, building displays, securing cold facings, void management, selling in cold equipment, and supporting distributor partners sales teams managers with in-store inventory and overall execution; required time in trade with in-store execution will vary by territory.
- Manage and execute poppi’s company plans in all channels of business throughout your respective market.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with retailers and DSD distributor sales teams that will support the overall growth of the poppi brand within your assigned territory.
- Educate and train distributor sales teams about poppi through regularly scheduled “work-withs” and sales meetings.
- Participate in local and regional crew drives and sales blitzes to achieve market development goals.
- Utilize syndicated data to maximize all brand opportunities and direct our sales teams to effectively impact the market.
- Execute monthly and annual individual and company goals.
What You Bring?
- Experience managing multiple DSD partners with a focus on exceeding brand goals.
- Commitment to representing the brand and company with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- A desire to succeed, passion for brand building, and a strong work ethic with the ability to plan and execute a highly productive schedule.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with an ability to adapt to the fast-paced needs of the Sales team.
- Dependable and highly organized with the ability to manage competing responsibilities and prioritize opportunities.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and highly resourceful, with a focus on doing it right vs. getting it done.
- Geographic knowledge of the respective territory, New Jersey.
- 1+ years of sales experience in the beverage industry with prior DSD management experience required.
- Experience planning and executing sales strategies, including high level in-store execution within large and small format accounts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) and industry systems and platforms (VIP/IDIG, Repsly, IRI, SPINS, Nielsen, and Retailer Scan Data).
- Valid state driver’s license for the posted state or territory, and reliable transportation in accordance with State requirements for motor vehicles.
- Travel requirement within the United States.
- Some lifting and the movement of moderate loads require 50-pound lifting requirement.
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours, including evenings and weekends, based on business demands.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk, and type for long periods of time.
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some incumbents assigned to the job to perform a different combination of duties. Before the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome all applicants to inform us confidentially via firstname.lastname@example.org if they may require special accommodations to participate fully in our recruitment experience.
Poppi is a prebiotic soda company committed to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal-opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes based on merit and qualifications.