Director of Quality Assurance
Reports to: Vice President of Product, Innovation, & Technology
What is poppi
We are so much more than a soda brand. We’re a passionate group of people dedicated to shaking up the soda scene for good one happy gut at a time- putting the fun back into functional with our delicious, better-for-you prebiotic soda line.
What You'll Do
The Director of Quality Assurance will provide strategic leadership in the development and improvement of our quality assurance program. This role will require a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills, a deep understanding of quality management systems, a strong sense of urgency, and a passion for delivering products that exceed customers expectations.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Quality Management System (QMS): Develop, implement, and maintain a robust Quality Management System to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal standards. Oversee the continuous improvement of QMS processes, including documentation, audits, and corrective/preventive actions.
- Product Quality Assurance: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish and enforce product quality specifications, ensuring consistency and adherence to brand standards. Conduct regular product quality inspections and lead investigations into any deviations from established standards.
- Supplier Quality Management: Work closely with suppliers to establish and maintain high-quality raw materials and ingredients. Develop and implement supplier quality assurance programs to monitor and improve supplier performance.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay abreast of industry regulations and standards related to food and beverage manufacturing. Ensure company compliance with local, national, and international regulations governing the production and distribution of carbonated soft drinks.
- Team Leadership and Development: Lead and mentor a team of quality assurance professionals, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and accountability. Provide training and development opportunities to enhance the skills and knowledge of the quality assurance team.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Utilize data-driven insights to identify trends, areas for improvement, and opportunities for innovation. Prepare and present regular reports to executive leadership on quality metrics, compliance status, and improvement initiatives.
What You Bring
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and inspire cross-functional teams to drive successful product development initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements, quality standards, and industry best practices related to beverage product development and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience in managing budgets, setting strategic goals, and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, chemistry, biology or a related field; Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in quality assurance within the carbonated soft drink industry, with 3+ years of experience in a leadership (people management) role.
- Travel requirement within the United States.
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours, including evenings and weekends, based on business demands.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some incumbents assigned to the job to perform a different combination of duties. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome all applicants to inform us confidentially if you may require special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience by emailing email@example.com. Poppi is a pre-biotic soda company committed to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains and promotes based on merit and qualifications.