Regional Sales Manager - North Texas / Oklahoma
What is Poppi?
We are so much more than a soda brand. We’re a passionate group of people dedicated to shaking up the soda scene for good one happy gut at a time- putting the fun back into functional with our delicious, better-for-you prebiotic soda line.
What You Will Do?
The Regional Sales Manager - North Texas / Oklahoma (RSM) will oversee regional execution through strategic management of internal teams and external partners. The RSM is responsible for maximizing sales and distribution across all channels of business by training and developing internal teams, managing DSD partners and key retailers, designing and delivering strategic plans (MBR/QBR/AOP/Top-to-Top meetings), identifying and deploying business solutions, and managing overall execution against regional goals. The DSM’s strategic leadership of the market will have a direct impact on the achievement of company and regional goals.
- Oversee multiple DSD partners with a focus on fostering relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Lead the team to exceed goals by providing day-to-day coaching, deploying business solutions, and offering sales development through trade training days.
- Manage key regional customer relationships (DSD partners and retailers), including communication of new item authorizations, category reviews, void management, chain activation, performance tracking, and data utilization to improve overall performance.
- Design and communicate execution expectations for all promotional activities at the store level.
- Utilize weekly reporting to develop KPI’s, void closures, and growth opportunities.
- Design and implement KPIs, incentives and programming with effective tracking mechanisms in place.
What You Bring?
- Proven ability to drive an immediate impact on a sales team and growth in alignment with profit and brand-building goals.
- Beverage sales and business acumen with the ability to scale a distributor and exceed volume expectations.
- Commitment to representing the brand and company with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- Experience opening accounts, managing large and small format account bases, and negotiating and closing deals.
- A desire to succeed, passion for brand building, and a strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to the fast-paced needs of the Sales team.
- Dependable, decisive, and highly organized with the ability to manage competing responsibilities and prioritize opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with key stakeholders across all levels, internally and externally,
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and highly resourceful, with a focus on doing it right vs. getting it done.
- Geographic knowledge of respective territory, North Texas / Oklahoma.
- 5+ years of sales management experience in the beverage industry with prior DSD management experience.
- Experience leading sales teams and managing key partners (DSD and retailers) to exceed goals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) and industry systems and platforms (VIP/IDIG, Repsly, IRI, SPINS, Nielsen, and Retailer Scan Data).
- Valid state driver’s license for the posted state or territory, and reliable transportation in accordance with State requirements for motor vehicles.
- Travel requirement across the United States.
- Some lifting and the movement of moderate loads require 50-pound lifting requirement.
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours, including evenings and weekends, based on business demands.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk, and type for long periods of time.
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some incumbents assigned to the job to perform a different combination of duties. Before the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome all applicants to inform us confidentially via firstname.lastname@example.org if they may require special accommodations to participate fully in our recruitment experience.
Poppi is a prebiotic soda company committed to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal-opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes based on merit and qualifications.