Skinny Dipped Almonds
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Accounting ManagerDirector (DOE)
Position Location: Seattle preferred, open to remote work
Reports to: CFO
Seattle-based SkinnyDipped is one of the fastest-growing female-founded companies in the United States. Started by Breezy Griffith, her mom Val, and her two best friends Lizzie and Chrissy, SkinnyDipped makes innovative, low sugar, delicious snacks that are non-GMO, gluten-free and free of artificial ingredients. The brand has grown significantly since it launched at the Griffith’s kitchen table and is now found in more than 23,000 retail doors nationwide, including Target and Amazon.
We are looking for passionate trail blazers who understand culture better than anyone else. We are seeking a new addition to our amazing internal team to help support the financial health and strategies of SkinnyDipped as we continue to grow. This role will be an invaluable part of our foundation for success and we are excited to welcome them into the SkinnyDipped fold.
As a business partner, the successful candidate will handle all aspects of accounting of all company data. This role manages a team, but also gets in the weeds and does plenty of day-to-day tasks. The position will be accountable for but not limited to the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Directs the establishment and implementation of accounting internal controls and guidelines for preparing transactions that comply with GAAP standards to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Oversee overall monthly, quarterly and annual close processes to ensure financial statements accurately represent the reporting period
- Plan, organize and coordinate the year-end audit process with external auditors
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Collaborate with other team members and department heads to collect, analyze, verify and report accurate information – for example, partner with operations to identify inventory trends
- Monitor and evaluate accounting systems and processes to identify areas for improvement and optimization
- Analyze general ledger variances and suggest corrective action to meet annual accounting financial objectives
- Support budget and forecast activities
- Manage the daily operations of the accounting department through a team of three that covers Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Trade and Deduction Management
- Manage bank accounts and prompt receipts and payments
- Own travel expense process and reporting
- Ensure successful completion of the company’s tax filings
- And finally, the ever present - assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Must represent the core values of SkinnyDipped
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience at a CPG manufacturing company
- Strong systems skills – advanced knowledge of Excel and NetSuite experience required
- Knowledge of GAAP and its implications
- Strong presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills. Ability to convey complex issues in a simple manner
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking but also just loves to figure stuff out
- Detail oriented, organized and mathematically proficient
- Ability to multi-task several important priorities simultaneously
- Strong team player with a “can-do” attitude, willing to take on challenges and support both individual and team goals
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and solve problems in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to have fun and bring a sense of humor to work
- BS or BA in Finance, Accounting or other analytical field preferred
- CPA or CMA a big plus
Who We’re Looking For
- You don’t get ruffled – We are moving at break-neck speed. You take it all in stride and keep calm under pressure.
- You’re organized – You’re good at managing the details and seeing them through.
- You’re proactive and all about solutions – You may not have all the answers, but you always have a possible solution in mind when presenting a problem. You work with a sense of urgency, while engaging and listening to experts.
- You’re flexible – You can deal with multiple tasks and know how to prioritize them to get it all done.
- You’re a team player –Whether you’re working remote or at the office, you are part of the team, willing to jump in and help out any way you can. No job is too small.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Additional benefits including wellness & technology stipends and paid time off to volunteer
- Equity Opportunity
- Fun, entrepreneurial atmosphere and progressive & positive culture
A bit more about us
We’re a female-founded success story. This alone–regardless of the industry–requires true grit, mettle, and perseverance. It’s not easy out there! And, culture-wise, we operate with an ethos that any idea is plausible until it isn’t. A wild flavor mix prepared with an all new application? We’re trying it. Changing up a logistical step to improve taste (and keep things clean), even if it means significant investment and time? We’re doing it. We march to the beat of our own drum–you could say it’s prideful, but, more so, it’s that we operate with conviction and we do. not. hesitate. The world can be an intimidating place. But we’re not phased.
We craft snacks that nourish the body and empower the spirit. We believe everyone deserves to eat the kind of delicious, nutritious and clean food we’re fortunate enough to share with our own families.
As a women-founded company, we are committed to raising up and supporting women and believe every woman can be an entrepreneur if given a hand. Because when you help provide education, opportunity and a path out of poverty to a woman, you lift her family and community with her.