Director of CRM
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We are looking for a highly analytical and strategic Director of CRM to lead how The Farmer’s Dog leverages direct communication channels to drive life-long retention. You’ll have the opportunity to take the foundation we have in place today (both team & CDP) and evolve it to deliver on our customer promise to turn unconditional love into uncomplicated care.
In the role, you’ll partner closely with teams across the business (Acquisition, Brand, Product & Engineering, CX, Operations, Data Strategy & Insights, etc.) to build a best-in-class customer lifecycle. You’ll have the opportunity to work on everything from partnering with Product & Engineering to build a world-class CDP architecture to diving deep into customer data with the team to identify opportunities to improve their experiences.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of a highly capable team and CRM/Martech stack that can support nearly-infinite levels of personalization and segmentation. You’ll have real ownership over improving our customers’ lives (and the lives of their four-legged companions!) while making a foundational impact on our growth efforts.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead our CRM/Lifecycle strategy and team. Identify and implement high-impact initiatives across the communication lifecycle that accelerate active customer growth, product adoption, and revenue generation.
- Work cross-functionally with leaders across Engineering, Brand, Data, and CX to build the platforms, processes, and strategies that improve our customers’ experience through communication.
- Dive deep in our data to uncover insights that allow us methodically remove friction from the experience across key customer segments.
- Own our sophisticated CDP/CRM infrastructure - constantly working to evolve and improve how, when, and what we’re able to communicate with our customers.
- Lead and grow a highly engaged, impactful, and deeply cross-functional CRM/Lifecycle department that is data-driven, collaborative, and routinely executes for impact.
- Partner closely with our Customer Experience (CX) team to leverage lifecycle automation to improve customer and agent experience.
- Own the email deployment calendar while working cross-functionally with Brand, CX, Tech, etc.
- Manage any and all relevant third-party relationships and contracts.
We're Excited About You Because
- 10+ years of experience in CRM/Lifecycle, with a track record of driving business objectives and growing, developing, and managing a cross-functional team at a consumer-facing business.
- Demonstrated history of setting long-term CRM strategies and partnering with leadership across other departments to achieve your team’s vision.
- A deep understanding of relational databases, ETL processes, and how to leverage a wide-variety of data structures to power impactful customer-facing communication. You should, at minimum, have a working-knowledge of SQL.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of working with data to drive CRM strategy and business results.
About The Growth Team
We have five principles that describe our approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls is now a feature, not a bug
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $190,000 - $200,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.