The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant to provide daily operational support to our Senior Executives. Using your previous assistant experience, you'll not only own scheduling but act as a source of efficiency and organization. You'll cultivate relationships with senior leaders and board members while supporting multiple Senior Executives with everything from strategic to routine tasks. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work with driven, passionate individuals and be a part of a successful, fast-growing, and beloved startup.
This will be a hybrid role based at our HQ in Greenwich Village, with the expectation of being in the office 3 days a week .
How You'll Make An Impact
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to function autonomously and effectively with a small management team. This role requires a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Empower the Senior Executives by optimizing their workflow with calendar management, travel planning, and group meeting management. Act as an accessible gatekeeper and company culture.
- Research, prioritize, and mitigate incoming issues that may arise, including those with sensitive or confidential nature.
- Plan offsite meetings and special events
- Prepare agendas and documents and follow up on action items from internal and external meetings.
- Compose and edit emails, memos, meeting minutes, and other documents.
- Partner with the employee experience team, helping set up events and activations for the company.
- Work collaboratively with EAs across the organization to ensure meetings are coordinated with thoughtfulness for all TFD team members.
- Research areas of interest or concern for professional or personal needs. Act as an activator, always a step ahead in the up-and-coming within the office.
- Flex to complete special projects as requested.
We're Excited About You Because
- You find joy in organizing, problem-solving, and prioritizing tasks to get the most out of a day.
- You proactively seek out opportunities to add value and be helpful.
- You are a polished and professional communicator, both spoken and written.
- You can easily balance multiple priorities and tasks while working with little supervision, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
- You can quickly shift gears and stay on top of all pressing items with composure and a positive demeanor.
- You are a thoughtful gatekeeper, not afraid to question current processes and activate improvements along the way.
- You have 3-7+ years of C-Level Executive Assistant experience in high-growth environments.
- You are excited about working in a dog-friendly office.
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. All hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday.
A few of our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $95,000 - $110,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.
Something looks off?