Group Product Manager, Health Platform
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a customer-obsessed Senior/Group Product Manager to build personalized and intuitive experiences in the world of Pet Health. This is a newly formed, small agile team that will invent on behalf of our pet owners and veterinary healthcare team’s behalf.
This is a highly impactful role in that there will be zero friction from ideation to implementation. The team will work in close collaboration with our vet partners. You will be working alongside a small group of stellar engineers and designers to bring experiences to life in quick iterations. You’ll be the arbiter of processes and systems to deliver value as fast as possible. Similar to a start-up, your job is to iterate towards product market fit via steadfast iteration. A day won’t pass without you talking to your customers and team as that’s the true test of whether we are inventing on our customers’ behalf and delivering useful and joyful experiences.
- Customer focus: you will be living in quantum entanglement with your customers. You’ll breathe their air, walk in their shoes. You’ll establish mechanisms to make sure your partners do the same.
- Work small, but with a big vision: you are able to work with the design and engineering teams on small iterations. Over time you’ll develop, in partnership with our vet partners, a compelling vision that can be shared internally and broadly.
- Data-driven decision-making: you first use principles and are skeptical. It’s paramount to have confidence in your data, being able to analyze it, and tease out noise from signals.
- Problem focused development: you focus on teasing apart the key customer problems and pain points, but let solutions emerge through synchronous, streamlined work with a diverse pool of colleagues.
- Execute for impact: we are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
- One team mentality: we don’t advance our careers by withholding information, we are transparent even when it’s embarrassing, we seek the truth deeply and aren’t afraid to challenge leadership and the status quo. We deliver feedback in the moment and directly (nicely) as that’s the way to all row toward the shared goal.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead the ideation, development, and iteration of innovative features and products that improve the lives of our customers, their dogs, and their veterinary health care team.
- Identify big ideas that move the needle on our subscription experience. Including new applications and improvements to our backend services. Partner with engineering and leadership to assure space to get them done.
- Work day in and out with our amazing design and engineering teams, but also influence our physical product experience cross functionally. Prioritize these efforts to craft iterative work sequences and clearly communicate objectives.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to deeply understand our customers and their veterinary health care teams’ lifecycle across all stages and mindsets. Use these findings to identify opportunities that improve both conversion and lifelong retention.
We're Excited About You Because
- You should have done enough product management to know how to get things done. You should be proficient at PM core skills. You have seen multiple stage companies and have worked through a few defining moments and tough problems.
- You have experience with physical and digital product integrations.
- You have a proven record of shipping high-impact experiences. We are open to other backgrounds as long as you can demonstrate how you can transfer them effectively!
- You have a customer-centric mentality and experience collaborating with design, engineering, brand, and operations.
- You are accustomed to Agile Development and care deeply about it.
- You care about delivering customer value and reflecting on past work to make sure the entire team, not just you, gets better over time.
- You love to be challenged by your work and are excited to take on sophisticated, tricky problems without any standard off-the-shelf solutions.
- You are highly analytical and hands-on with customer data.
- You are focused on uncovering measurable insights and deeply familiar with tools to support conversion, personalization, and digital product efforts.
- You are very comfortable with retention analytics and customer segmentation and feel confident you can identify key customer segments and build features to improve their experience.
- You have a proven track record of building an experimentation roadmap and function.
- You are willing to join growing startup and help it get better as it scales.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $180,000 - $200,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.