Analytics Engineer II
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for an Analytics Engineer II to join our growing team. Your primary responsibility is to maximize your technical expertise and data analysis skills to support the development, implementation, and maintenance of data analytics solutions within an organization. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, data engineers, and business partners, to gather requirements, design data models, build data pipelines, and deliver practical insights. Your role is critical in ensuring data integrity, optimizing data workflows, and enabling effective decision-making based on data-driven insights. If you have a genuine love for data, technology, problem-solving and want to improve how The Farmer’s Dog makes strategic decisions at the company level, then this is the team for you!
How You'll Make An Impact
- Collaborate with data scientists and business partners to understand their analytical requirements and translate them into data models and technical specifications.
- Develop and maintain data models, schemas, and databases to support data analysis and reporting needs.
- Identify and resolve data quality issues, ensuring accuracy, consistency, and completeness of data.
- Stay updated with emerging trends and technologies, evaluating their potential for adoption and driving innovation within the team.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of data pipelines, databases, and analytics systems to ensure efficient data processing and retrieval.
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing expert-level advice and guidance on complex data analytics projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, data scientists, analysts, and business partners to gather requirements and design scalable data architectures to meet analytics needs.
- Design and optimize queries to extract valuable insights from complex and large-scale datasets.
- Apply data visualization tools and techniques to communicate analytical findings to technical and non-technical partners.
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts and business partners to understand their analytical requirements and provide technical solutions that drive data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, partners, and executives to understand their analytics needs, provide strategic guidance, and align analytics initiatives with business goals.
- Communicate complex technical concepts, analytical findings, and project progress in a clear and concise manner to non-technical partners.
- Work closely with data engineers and analysts to integrate analytics solutions into existing systems and applications.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team environment, promoting knowledge sharing, standard methodologies, and continuous learning.
We're Excited About You Because
- 2-4 years of experience in a data engineering or analytics role, with a focus on designing and implementing data analytics solutions.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- Proficiency in SQL is a must. Bonus - Python or R
- DBT and Looker experience is preferred
- Experience with data manipulation, analysis, and visualization libraries and tools.
- Familiarity with data modeling and standard methodologies.
- Experience in statistical analysis, machine learning algorithms, and predictive modeling techniques is a plus.
- Familiarity with data warehouse technologies and cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP).
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work with complex datasets.
About The Growth Team
- We have five principles that describe our approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $120,000 - $140,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.