Manager, Core Portfolio
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We’re looking for a highly analytical and action-oriented Manager of Core Portfolio to own and optimize the performance of our fresh recipes. These recipes are the heart of our business and the most powerful lever we have to deliver on our customer promise to turn unconditional love into unconditional care.
You’ll have the opportunity to take the foundational understanding we have today to the next level, slicing and dicing our data to surface new ways to deliver the best possible experience of our recipes to each customer. This includes leading initiatives to better meet both human and dog needs—for example, improving palatability for specific segments of dogs, or further evolving the ease of feeding for humans.
In this role, you’ll own recipe-related initiatives and experiments from problem definition all the way through to in-market implementation and iteration. Along the way, you’ll partner closely with teams across the business (Retention, Product & Engineering, CX, Operations/R&D, Data, etc.), channeling the voice of our customer to drive cross-functional decision-making, maximize impact to our customers (and their four-legged companions!) and further our growth efforts.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Own the ongoing management of our core Fresh portfolio, diving deep in our data to uncover insights that allow us to improve the experience of our recipes for our customers (and their dogs’) across digital & physical touchpoints.
- Expand on and facilitate an analytical pipeline that builds on our existing recipe-related processes and knowledge base—consistently working to evolve and improve our understanding of recipe-related customer perceptions, behaviors and preferences.
- Become an expert on The Farmer’s Dog Fresh portfolio, identifying and implementing high-impact initiatives to improve the performance of our recipes and ultimately accelerate active customer growth, product adoption, and revenue generation.
- Identify and define new recipe-related problems and opportunities to solve, gathering relevant qualitative and quantitative to drive decision-making on scope, prioritization and anticipated impact.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across Growth, Ops/R&D, Engineering, Data & CX to ensure all aspects of product development are informed by customer-driven guardrails, and executed effectively.
- Support the Core Products function on incremental innovation launches, with an eye towards how new products may impact the existing portfolio.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 3+ years of experience in Portfolio Strategy or Category Management, Innovation at a consumer-facing company. Experience within the Food industry is preferred, but not required.
- You have demonstrated success managing & prioritizing cross-functional projects that involve physical product development.
- You have excellent analytics skills and a proven track record of translating data-driven insight into action and consumer-facing impact. Experience with SQL and/or Looker is preferred.
- You’re comfortable navigating ambiguity and are driven to chart a path towards clarity
- You have clear, confident and persuasive verbal & written communication skills when working with a diverse group of cross-stakeholders
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation is $130,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.