Senior Associate, Fulfillment
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We are in search of a Senior Associate, Fulfillment to join the Operations team in NYC and help us answer questions like, “How do we support our fulfillment partners with what they need to be successful”?
This person will be responsible for supporting the operations and management of our Fulfillment partners, including metric reporting, status reporting and 3PL Fulfillment Center (FC) relationship management. As a Sr. Associate, Fulfillment, you’ll have a direct impact on getting our fresh food to every dog as quickly and safely as possible.
Day-to-day, you’ll help facilitate fulfillment activities, identify and escalate risks, and troubleshoot alternatives. You’ll balance these ongoing tasks with long-term projects that impact our whole business and support the development and implementation of FC plans and improvement projects.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Manage the operating metrics at FCs (On-time ship, error rate, inventory levels, etc).
- Assist in leading daily and weekly fulfillment related activities with internal and external partners including setting agendas, meeting facilitation, action tracking and ensuring follow ups are completed.
- Document current FC Standard Operating Procedures and identify areas for improvement.
- Coordinate daily FC activities including inventory counts, process improvements, and in-week troubleshooting.
- Help foster trusting relationships with business partners across TFD and externally.
- Develop additional metrics and reporting dashboards to understand how efficient our FCs are at sending shipments.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 3+ years of experience in supply chain and/or operations with a preference for direct-to-consumer and/or fulfillment.
- You are skilled in Excel, Google Sheets (required), and Looker and SQL (preferred).
- You love data and have the ability to collect data to capture insights, creatively problem-solve, and make recommendations.
- You’re innately curious, highly collaborative, and have strong communication skills.
- You are meticulously detailed and are able to multitask and prioritize.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $65,000 - $80,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.