Senior CRM Associate
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We’re looking for a Senior CRM Associate to help us improve the end-to-end process behind how we communicate with our trialers and subscribers. Your job will be to assist in the day-to-day production and deployment of many direct channel (e.g. email, SMS) campaigns to ensure we launch impactful marketing communications that drive meaningful growth and help build certainty in our customers that The Farmer’s Dog is the right choice for them and their dog.
A successful Senior CRM Associate will have strong analytical and data-based decision making skills along with a customer-centric approach to everything they do. You’ll collaborate with teams across the business (especially Retention, Acquisition, Brand/Creative, Product, and Data Strategy & Insights) to strategize innovative ways to scale and test our direct communications with prospective customers.
How You'll Make An Impact
- You’ll join the CRM group owning post-checkout lifecycle communications particularly through email and SMS.
- You’ll identify opportunities and develop programs to drive customer-focused retention from early tenure management, engagement, upsell and win-back via email and other owned channels.
- You’ll implement a learning agenda and roadmap for experimentation (incremental optimizations and big bets).
- You’ll build out effective processes for working with Brand and Design that can scale.
- You’ll improve performance of existing email campaigns.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 3+ years in growth/retention marketing, and at least some experience in email marketing/CRM. You’re excited to grow your skills in this area.
- You are a phenomenal communicator and appreciate constructive feedback (and know how to effectively give feedback, too!).
- You are an analytical thinker. The thought of using data to inform creative development decisions is exciting and intuitive to you. You understand the place for and value of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Your campaign approach is customer-centric - you’re always thinking both short term (conversion) and long term (retention).
- You have experience running A/B tests.
- You are confident balancing and executing on different types of experience - both big bets and incremental improvements.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $80,000 - $95,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.