The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is on a mission to help channel the unconditional love we all have for our pets into uncomplicated care. Central to helping us achieve that mission is the Consumer Research group. As a Research Coordinator, you will help us get smarter about our customers, potential customers, and the fresh dog food market, all while keeping the dogs at the heart of everything we do.
In this role, you will be a key member of the Consumer Research group, supporting the Director of Consumer Research across all business units at The Farmer’s Dog. The Research Coordinator will assist with qualitative and quantitative research projects supporting all groups, including Product, Growth, Brand, Acquisition, Retention, Operations, and Customer Experience.
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented self-starter who has a passion for learning about customers and then sharing their stories in a way that drives good business decisions. The Research Coordinator will report to the Director of Consumer Research.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Assist in the execution of quantitative research projects (program new surveys; proof surveys and reports for accuracy, look and feel, logic; monitor field and quotas; pull simple data tables via our data tools).
- Coordinate quantitative research processes (collaborate with multiple departments to ensure accurate and on-time delivery of survey invitations).
- Coordinate qualitative research process (handle logistics such as recruiting and scheduling respondents for focus groups and in-depth interviews).
- Assist in data entry and light analysis of all research projects, particularly ongoing quantitative studies, including Brand Tracking, and ad-hoc requests
- Check all customer-facing and internal client-facing materials for accuracy (surveys, invitations, report documents, presentations, data tables, etc.).
- Lead administrative research department responsibilities (organization of shared drive; billing; assistance in sourcing new research vendors/partners; etc.).
We're Excited About You Because
- You have prior experience in a corporate environment
- You have a high standard of performance and are a driven self-starter.
- You are extremely organized and have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- You ensure your tasks are completed on time and efficiently.
- You enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with clients and vendors.
- You have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $55,000 - $62,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.