Senior Associate, Last Mile Operations
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We're on the lookout for a talented individual who can join our growing Last Mile Operations team. As the Sr. Associate, Last Mile Operations, you'll support our last mile carrier partners in weekly forecasting, network optimization and load planning. Collaborating closely with our fulfillment team and 3PL partners, you'll ensure that our fulfillment centers always have enough daily outbound carrier capacity. In addition, you will partner with our carriers to enhance the final mile delivery experience through strategic improvements on metrics such as On-Time Transit, Carrier Error and Delivery Failure. This role reports to the Manager, Last Mile Operations.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Responsible for supporting weekly network optimization and volume planning. This involves understanding all the intricacies of effectively moving packages from our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) to our customers.
- Assist in managing carrier communications and cultivating relationships with both internal business partners and external last mile carrier partners.
- Responsible for maintaining delivery-related data concerning customer-facing delivery exceptions, including instances such as delayed deliveries, address discrepancies, carrier input, and undelivered packages.
- Participate in weekly carrier business reviews, contributing to the identification of areas requiring enhancement and establishing carrier accountability based on feedback from customers and the customer experience team.
- Contribute to strategies and initiatives aimed at establishing a benchmark customer delivery experience. Serve as a conduit for relaying any changes in logistics processes cross functionally to Customer Experience and Retention partners.
- Play a role in upholding our Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), with a particular focus on on-time deliveries and feedback from delivery carriers.
- Support the Last Mile Operations on-call rotation duties
We're Excited About You Because
- 2+ years of Logistics experience, collaborating with last-mile carriers like UPS and FedEx
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, approaching work with urgency and a proactive mindset
- You have a natural curiosity and strong collaborative nature, complemented by excellent communication skills
- You demonstrate exceptional organizational skills, characterized by meticulous attention to detail and adept multitasking and prioritization
- You are proficient in Excel, specializing in VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, and Pivot Table functions
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Convey, Shippo, or similar platforms (is a plus!)
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $65,000 - $80,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.