Customer Experience Associate, Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
Are you a dog person who has always thought that there was a better way to deliver service - simply, easily and with love - just like our food? Do you have a desire to engage in meaningful conversations while helping our customers improve the quality of their dog’s lives? Are you passionate about the idea of disrupting the pet food industry and providing healthy human grade food for dogs?
Our Customer Experience Department (CX) is looking for people who will be the eyes and ears of our customer service organization. We need people who can consistently deliver a positive, world class customer experience via phone, email, and text. Our goal is to resolve customer queries with fast, friendly, and courteous service.
Service can include responding to inquiries regarding billing, delivery status, account information, updating payments methods, nutritional information and general questions about subscriptions.
This opportunity is a full-time role of 40 hours per week. In addition, weekends and holidays will be required as we are committed to providing exceptional customer service 365 days a year.
This position has the flexibility to be based in a commutable distance to the Fort Lauderdale, FL area.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Deliver exceptional customer service through inbound phone contacts, email and text.
- Resolve customer issues with a high degree of empathy while building value in our products.
- Respond to customers in a timely manner with thorough and accurate information.
- Document customer interactions in our contact management system and CRM so that we understand how to improve the customer experience.
- Work independently with customers but also be able to share information about these conversations with your colleagues, e.g. People Leads/Managers and Cross-Functional Leads.
- Comply with all company and department policies and procedures.
We're Excited About You Because
- You provide service with a human touch to each and every customer you help.
- You are exceptionally comfortable speaking on the phone with customers.
- You are resilient. You’ve developed skills that allow you to overcome the daily challenges of a CX role.
- You’re flexible and comfortable balancing multiple priorities when needed.
- You are proud of your ability to de-escalate unhappy customers and turn them into advocates.
- You pride yourself on your outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- You thrive on going above and beyond for people and treating each customer conversation as unique.
- You operate with ownership, are a self-starter, and have a strong attention to detail.
- You keep a positive demeanor as you learn, grow, and develop in a new environment.
- You are uniquely YOU! We've found that dog lovers with a variety of backgrounds and interests can excel. Whether you’re starting your career or looking for a career change, we encourage you to apply!
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
- Pup-friendly office in Fort Lauderdale (upon return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive hourly compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug