Director, CX Support - Nashville/Ft Lauderdale
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists,directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative,honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We are looking for a Director of Customer Experience to own and deliver our customer support strategy. We’re looking for an innovator with a passion for creating exceptional customer experiences at scale, a keen eye for process improvement, and the ability to use data to drive decisions.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring a flawless, best-in-class customer experience via direct oversight of the support groups that drive improvement in all aspects impacting the service group that has the direct interface with the customers. Under the CX support pillar sits: CX Proactive and Reactive Outreach in which you will ensure the strategy is continuously evaluated and improved via collaboration with Retention leaders, CX Platforms and Systems which works directly with the Engineering leadership to implement new tools and continuously improve current systems / process flow, Project Management to ensure business continuity in which this group works directly with all cross functional leaders to support changes that impact the customer journey or experience, and will oversee Training and Development to ensure our CX Service group continues to have up to date and easily accessible materials to deliver flawless interactions with the customers.
How You'll Make An Impact
- At the highest level, you will identify, prioritize, and implement customer experience improvement opportunities across multiple channels. You will identify and improve process and workflow inefficiencies and ensure we have the strategy, operations, and resources to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
- Through your deep understanding of our customer needs and pain points, you will develop high-impact strategies and innovative solutions to drive improvements to the customer experience and effectively partner with groups across the organization to deliver on these.
- A key stakeholder in impactful cross-functional CX projects, you will help lead and guide these initiatives. You will work cross-functionally to help identify how CX can be leveraged to meet company OKRs and company goals while also being mindful of how CX processes may be impacted when rolling out initiatives.
- Help create the proper technical infrastructure for our CX group through your extensive knowledge of systems and tools.
- You will lead a large group of experts. You will coach and mentor CX talent across tenure and functions.
- Define and optimize the customer journey and experience, support systems, and processes based on customer needs to drive customer retention, expansion, and satisfaction.
- Manage and improve CSAT and other metrics indicating customer satisfaction, retention, and reduced churn.
- Responsible for the training and development function including onboarding and continuous improvement training, the CX quality assurance program and knowledge management and resources for CX associates.
- Develop, implement, and optimize current support systems, tools, and processes to meet set SLAs.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 10+ years of experience optimizing customer service, sales and employee engagement programs and organizations
- Are a proven people leader who can motivate a team towards accomplishing common goals and OKRs. Have experience managing a large team.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning.
- Have strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and collaborate across functions and a proven ability to align key stakeholders in a growth environment.
- Are an expert at building relationships with colleagues, customers and vendors alike.
- Are an initiative-taker, who loves having ownership over outcomes, and moves quickly
- Have a demonstrated ability to problem solve who can effectively navigate business priorities to enable the function to deliver a seamless customer experience at every interaction.
- Have strong communications skills
- Have a passion and love for dogs and dog people
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office located in Nashville/ Ft Lauderdale (upon return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug