The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We're on the lookout for a talented individual who can spearhead our inventory management function. As the Manager, Inventory, you'll take charge of overseeing and refining all inventory transactions within our Fulfillment Centers. Collaborating closely with our accounting, procurement, fulfillment and 3PL teams, you'll ensure the accurate recording of all 3PL transactions. Picture yourself as the driving force behind achieving excellence in TFD’s inventory control. This role will test and showcase your diverse skills, encompassing operations, data management, inventory expertise, interpersonal skills, project management, risk assessment, and more.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Take the lead in refining accuracy and processes through expertly handled cycle counts and physical inventory audits across our Fulfillment Center (FC) Network.
- Supervise goods issuance and receipts across FCs, ensuring compliance with inbound supply chain processes and customer requirements via EDI interfaces or manual intervention when needed.
- Own transformation on inventory processes with Engineering, 3PL and Finance partners to deploy “hands off the wheel” automation in regards to inventory reporting, monitoring, alerts and reconciliation.
- Develop and produce consistent, precise reports that monitor daily inventory accuracy, time to receive, and monthly shrinkage.
- Collaborate with IT and Accounting to enhance system controls and processes, boosting data integrity and precision for 3PLs and suppliers as our business scales.
- Leverage inventory data to pinpoint warehouse-related issues impacting customers, financial statements or weeks of cover offering support to operational teams in resolving underlying causes.
- Establish necessary documentation and SOPs to fulfill compliance prerequisites.
- Analyze and address inventory discrepancies, partnering with cross-functional teams and external partners to promptly resolve issues, thereby facilitating monthly accounting closure.
We're Excited About You Because
- You bring 5+ years of experience in supply chain, operations, and inventory management.
- Expert in both ERP and EDI systems (bonus points for NetSuite expertise).
- Familiarity with Looker, Tableau, or similar BI tools is a valuable addition.
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams (Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, IT, etc.) and external partners (3PLs, suppliers).
- You have had previous successes in taking manual inventory processes and controls and transforming them into fully automated systems.
- You have previous experience working with external auditors and internal finance teams to transition to a rolling cycle count program.
- Proficient in holding individuals accountable, even without direct reporting authority, and adept at delivering constructive feedback across the organization.
- Thriving in fast-paced settings, you possess an assertive and proactive work approach.
- Your curiosity knows no bounds, and you excel in collaborative environments, communicating effectively.
- Meticulously organized and detail-oriented, you adeptly juggle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Exceptional customer focus, linking inventory management to broader company strategies and objectives.
- Your decisions are data-driven, and you thrive on delving deep into intricacies.
- Strong organizational skills enable you to meet deadlines while effectively managing workloads.
- Have the ability to travel to our fulfillment center locations ~10% of the time
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $85,000 - $100,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.