Customer Experience Group Lead
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists,directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Group Lead role at The Farmer’s Dog is one of our most important positions because the person hired for this role is responsible for our best assets – our front line associates.
A Group Lead will play a crucial role in leading and developing a group of 10-15 associates to become ambassadors for our valued customers for The Farmer’s Dog. The successful candidate has more than a year of experience leading customer service teams in other DTC organizations as a subject matter authority and first line of defense to troubleshoot operational issues, escalate them as needed and collaborate with appropriate teams for resolution to ensure that our customers receive the best support and satisfaction. Additionally they will drive results within their team primarily through proactive coaching, but will also be adept at course correcting with associates when needed.
A Group Lead will maintain their expertise in providing outstanding customer experience by spending time as required in directly communicating with customers to resolve customer issues efficiently and effectively at first contact. An additional 50% of a Group Lead’s time will be spent coaching and ensuring quality assurance for their group. The remainder of their time will be spent on administrative tasks and projects as assigned or approved by their manager. These projects include process improvement and data analysis with cross-functional teams.
Our Group Leads should embody servant leadership. Their primary responsibility is to ensure that their CX Associates feel empowered, encouraged, and equipped to represent The Farmer’s Dog in the best way possible. This means approaching each associate as an individual and pouring time and energy into their specific needs while identifying personal strengths and areas for improvement as they grow through their Farmer’s Dog career.
This position is able to be located within commutable distance to Ft. Lauderdale
How You'll Make An Impact
- Provide real-time and structured feedback to group
- Identify recurring mentor opportunities and build impactful and pointed 1:1s around them
- Report trends in knowledge gaps to allow Training to address systematically
- Ability and willingness to coach a group on new processes and policies as needed
- Follow up with direct reports as needed to ensure efficient completion of assigned tasks
- Work closely with managers to develop ongoing strategies to protect and promote TFD culture/values within the department.
- Handle escalated phone calls in real time
- Be the source of truth for any questions that arise from team members
- Coach team members on the best way to find information directly
Systems and Processes
- Always Seek Better to provide constructive feedback and proposed solutions for systems and processes that do not meet your needs
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding team members
- Assist our HR Group in supporting your group as needed
- Ensure time is tracked accurately and approve timecards in for all direct reports
- Inbox Admin
We're Excited About You Because
- You have a minimum of 1-2 years leading and developing employees in previous roles
- You have strong emotional intelligence and ability to think in a customer-first manner
- You have a proven command of different platforms and customer experience tools
- You are proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- You have an infectious positive demeanor
Upon our office opening, we ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Fort Lauderdale
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and hybrid work policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug