Senior Acquisition Associate, Affiliate Marketing
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Senior Acquisition Associate, Affiliate Marketing will play a crucial role in refining and scaling our affiliate program. Reporting directly to the Sr. Acquisition Manager, Partnerships, you will leverage your affiliate and marketing skills to manage existing partnerships and forge new relationships that align with our mission, while also building trust in our brand and contributing to meaningful and sustainable growth. You will also be responsible for developing new growth strategies that further cement TFD as the leader in the category. You will use your expert marketing analytics skills to derive insights, opportunities, and optimizations daily and communicate thoroughly and proactively with your teammates along the way.
A successful Senior Acquisition Associate, Affiliate Marketing should bring strong intuition and risk management skills to complement their drive for scaling programs. Your approach is analytical and data-guided, yet you can use data flexibly. Exceptional communication skills are a must and enable effective collaboration with external partners and internal teams such as Brand, Finance and Retention. You are highly organized, thrive under pressure, and have a highly developed ability for relationship-building. You enjoy fast-paced environments and can operate independently and in ambiguity. With 2+ years of experience in partnership management and affiliate marketing, you're ready to make an immediate impact!
Your ability to learn quickly and turn challenges into opportunities will be critical. Within the first 90 days, you'll become the primary point of contact for existing partners, take the lead on sourcing and vetting new relationships, improve processes with current partners, and become the trusted source for data, insights, and strategy for your channel.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Help lead, manage, and grow TFD’s affiliate program, further establishing our leadership in the category.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills, always prioritizing what’s best for the business, but also ensuring our partners are also benefiting from success. Working with us should be mutually beneficial, and TFD should be viewed as one of the best brands to work with.
- Partner with various internal teams to launch campaigns that are high-performing and brand-aligned.
- Utilize your analytical skills to dive into performance metrics, proactively conducting regular analyses.
- Handle inbound affiliate requests and proactively source new, qualified partners to expand our program.
- Assist in managing budgets (commissions, placement fees, and CPAs) and pacing to align with both immediate and long-term business goals.
- Continuously experiment and implement optimizations to make our already best-in-class program materially better.
- Communicate proactively with team members, sharing insights across departments, and considering the impact of each decision on overall business performance.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 2+ years experience in affiliate marketing and with platforms like Impact Radius.
- You’re a proactive self-starter, always on the lookout for new opportunities and solutions.
- You thrive in high pressure, high stakes environments. You have natural drive and you work hard.
- You’re not afraid to disagree, and yet you can also comfortably admit when you were wrong.
- You are an owner - you feel a sense of full responsibility for your channels, and also the performance of our overall acquisition program and customer experience. This comes through in everything you do.
- You are quick to react to new information and you apply strong intuition in decision-making.
- Your decision-making is customer-centric, considering both short-term and long-term impacts.
- You thrive on enhancing robust programs through creative testing and optimizations.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and can prioritize tasks effectively.
- You're data-guided and enjoy diving into analytics to inform decisions. Familiarity with Excel is a plus.
- You're a strong communicator and know how to negotiate, always leading with empathy and kindness.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $80,000 - $95,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.