Acquisition Manager, Search
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Acquisition Manager, Search will play a crucial role in refining and scaling our paid search program. Reporting directly to the Head of Paid Media, you will demonstrate your search and marketing skills to manage, improve, and expand our search program in a way that aligns with our mission, while also building trust in our brand and contributing to significant and sustainable growth. You will be responsible for developing new growth strategies that further cement TFD as the leader in the category. You will use your expert marketing analytics skills to derive insights, opportunities, and optimizations on a daily basis, all while communicating thoroughly and proactively with your teammates along the way.
A successful Acquisition Manager, Search should bring strong intuition to complement their analytical nature. Your approach is data-guided, yet you know how to use data flexibly and triangulate data and insights to form hypotheses. Exceptional communication skills are a must and enable effective collaboration with external partners and internal teams such as Brand, Finance and Retention. You are highly organized, are motivated and can thrive under pressure, and have a natural talent for balancing going deep and thinking broad. You enjoy fast-paced environments and can operate independently and in ambiguity. With 4+ years of experience in handling search programs, you're ready to make an immediate impact.
Your ability to learn quickly and turn challenges into opportunities will be critical. Within the first 30 days, you'll fully own our existing search program and be the primary point of contact, own all relevant external relationships independently, and become the trusted source for data, insights, and strategy for your channel.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead, optimize, and grow TFD’s search program, further establishing our leadership in the category
- Demonstrate strong decision making skills - always prioritizing what’s best for the business, while also recommending and executing bigger bets.
- Partner with various internal teams to launch campaigns that are high-performing and brand-aligned.
- Utilize your analytical skills to dive into performance metrics, proactively conducting regular analyses and adding to your repository of hypotheses and experiments.
- Find new opportunities for scale via channel expansion and landing page optimization
- Continuously experiment and implement optimizations to make our already strong program materially better.
- Communicate proactively with team members, sharing insights across departments, and considering the impact of each decision on overall business performance.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 4+ years experience in search marketing and have handled $1M+ in monthly spend
- The customer is always in the center of your decision-making matrix.
- You’re a proactive self-starter, always on the lookout for new opportunities and solutions.
- You thrive in high pressure, high stakes environments. You have natural drive and you work hard.
- You’re not afraid to disagree, and yet you can also comfortably admit when you were wrong.
- You are an owner - you feel a sense of full responsibility for your channels, and also the performance of our overall acquisition program and customer experience. This comes through in everything you do.
- You are quick to react to new information and you apply strong intuition in decision-making.
- Your decision-making is customer-centric, considering both short-term and long-term impacts.
- You are a maximizer - you continue to set the bar higher.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and can prioritize tasks effectively.
- You're data-guided and enjoy diving into analytics to inform decisions. Familiarity with Excel is a plus.
- You're a strong communicator and give feedback directly and often, always leading with compassion. You are also appreciative when you receive direct feedback and see this as opportunity.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $110,000 - $130,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.