Director of Brand Operations
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
As the Director of Brand Operations, you will play a critical role in developing, executing and delivering creative work that makes a lasting impact on dog lovers and drives our business forward. In this role, you will be responsible for project management, resourcing, and budgeting. You will partner closely with the SVP, Brand to design a roadmap of initiatives, prioritize and sequence efforts, and ensure we are tracking to deadlines on time and under budget. You will lead a team of project managers and producers and be a central point of contact within Brand for partners throughout the company.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Audit current processes, identity opportunities for improvement, and introduce new solutions to ensure that we are always working in the most efficient and effective way.
- Spearhead the development of the annual project roadmap and calendar for the Brand department, considering the roadmaps of cross functional partners alongside the priorities of the Brand department.
- Work alongside the SVP, Brand to craft the annual departmental budget based on business needs.
- Clarify project priorities and sequencing, ensuring the seamless implementation of timelines in collaboration with production teams.
- Manage a project intake process that accommodates the diverse range of jobs and creative requests entering the Brand organization.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors to establish and manage an internal resourcing program, ensuring resources are allocated appropriately and bandwidth constraints are addressed before they arise.
- Enact operational and financial reporting procedures to manage and communicate the status of departmental workflows and budgets.
- Supervise relationships with external vendors by skillfully negotiating scopes of work, overseeing expenses, and integrating them into internal workflows when appropriate.
- Act as the liaison between the Brand department and other departments for project management by diligently following up on action items, participating in regular check-ins, and addressing any needs.
- Take the lead in mentoring and guiding a team of project managers and producers, emphasizing flawless execution, skill refinement, and career progression.
- Performs any other duties reasonably associated with the described functions.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 10+ years of experience working within creative departments (bonus if inside a D2C business).
- You have installed tools and processes to streamline operations.
- You have proven you can build healthy relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You communicate clearly–in speech and writing.
- You love solving problems and getting things done.
- You sweat the details.
- You have familiarity and experience working with tools like Asana and Celtra.
- You love dogs (even if you don’t own one).
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $170,000 - $200,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.