Data Analyst II
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We’re looking for an experienced Data Analyst II to work holistically across marketing channels, site experience, and the in box (physical) experience to deliver on our mission to transform unconditional love into uncomplicated care. You’ll be responsible for synthesizing a wide-variety of data sources to identify opportunities to improve our customers’ experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to take the foundation we have in place today and evolve it effectively with the business to ensure we continue to design seamless and deeply personalized experiences.
In the role, you’ll have the opportunity to work on everything from partnering with Product & Engineering, Acquisition, Conversion, Brand to design sophisticated, longitudinal experiments and provide data insights to developing our strategy for how we attract more dog-lovers with better targeting, product, site experience.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of an area in the company that is ready for innovation in measurement strategy and analytics. You’ll have real ownership over improving our customers’ lives (and the lives of their four-legged companions!), while making a foundational impact on our growth efforts.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Contribute to our Analytics function for Marketing and Acquisition data infrastructure needs, reporting and analytics needs with focus on quantifying the impact of marketing initiatives, improving conversion, retention, product adoption, and revenue generation.
- Develop context, establish goals, make clear prioritization decisions and communicate to the stakeholders on progress towards analytical goals
- Assist in building best practices and frameworks for Experimentation design and analysis for Acquisition group
- Strike the balance between maintaining high standards of analytical work and delivering value consistently
- Work cross-functionally to upgrade and optimize our reporting frameworks, launch impactful longitudinal experiments, and measure initiatives' impact on cohort retention and revenue generation.
- Dive deep in our data to uncover insights that allow us methodically remove friction from the experience across key customer segments.
We're Excited About You Because
- 2-4 years of experience in Consulting, or Analytics at a consumer company.
- Marketing and Advertising analytics experience is highly preferred
- BI tool such as Tableau, Looker or similar tools is preferred
- Understanding of the statistics behind the A/B test and experience with designing and analyzing A/B tests is highly preferred.
- Experience working on incrementality tests or marketing mix models to measure marketing channel effectiveness
- Expert-level analytical skills and a proven track record of using data to drive customer-facing impact and business results.
- Experience working with email & SMS automation.
- Strong SQL skills and a deep understanding of relational databases and how to leverage a wide-variety of data structures to drive insights and power customer-facing communications.
- Python experience is preferred
- Bonus points for solid understanding of HTML, Java-based templating languages (Jinja, Django, ESP-specific, etc.), and a high-level understanding of JSON.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of working with data to drive email campaign ideation and business results.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements for Data Science, Data Engineering and Analytics functions
About The Growth Team
We have five principles that describe our approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $100,000 - $120,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.