Retention Associate, CRM
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for an analytical CRM Associate. Your job will be to develop and optimize efficient, impactful lifecycle marketing campaigns and automations across core CRM channels including email, SMS, and direct mail.
You’ll be joining the Retention function, which partners with departments across the business to meaningfully grow and retain The Farmer’s Dog’s active customer base. If you have a knack for driving results through data-lead decision making and can smoothly pivot your focus between execution and strategy, then this role is for you!
How You'll Make An Impact
- Own all facets of the email deployment process.
- Test, iterate and optimize all automated emails in The Farmer’s Dog’s lifecycle.
- Analyze email performance data and provide recommendations to the greater lifecycle group.
- Own the email deployment calendar while working cross-functionally with Brand, CX, Tech, etc.
- Build new campaign workflows for triggered campaigns - including targeting, channel & timing selection, if/then scenarios, and automated tasks.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 1-2 years of experience in retention, CRM and/or lifecycle marketing;
- You are an analytical thinker. The thought of using data to inform creative development decisions is exciting and intuitive to you. You understand the place for and value of both qualitative and quantitative data;
- Your campaign approach is customer-centric - you’re always thinking both short term (conversion) and long term (retention);
- You have experience running A/B tests;
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS;
- Marketing automation experience (huge bonus points for experience with Simon Data);
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and email opt-in and opt-out practices;
- Understand campaign development, from briefs through working with creative teams to launch;
- You are a phenomenal communicator and appreciate constructive feedback (and know how to effectively give feedback, too!);
- Bonus points for a working knowledge of SQL (or willingness/ability to learn quickly).
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. All hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday.
NYC and Florida: Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (in accordance with the CDC definition of vaccination) and provide proof thereof in order to work on-site at the New York City and/or Florida offices, unless the employee has an approved exemption (per state/local law) in place prior to the employee's start date.
Nashville: TFD requests that employees provide proof of vaccination on a voluntary basis prior to working on-site at the Nashville office, in line with local legislation.
The above RTO guidelines and vaccination policy is based on current local COVID-19 guidelines and is subject to change. We strongly encourage employees to take every necessary precaution to prioritize the safety of yourself and of those around you.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $64,000 - $70,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.