Director of Customer Experience - Nashville
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is on a mission to help channel the unconditional love we have for our pets into uncomplicated care. Central to that mission is our customer experience. As the beating heart of our brand experience and every customer interaction, our CX team relentlessly seeks out ways to better understand, and act upon, the needs and feedback from our current and prospective customers (and all the dog people in between).
As the Director, CX Service, you will join a customer-centric culture that obsesses over creative problem-solving with a spirit of collaboration, empathy, and curiosity.
How You'll Make An Impact
In this role you will guide an organization of over 200 (and growing fast!) CX Associates, Group Leads and People Managers to deliver an outstanding customer experience. You will partner effectively with other CX areas including training, recruiting and continuous improvement. You will leverage your experience in workforce management to continuously refine our staffing models, hours of operation and performance management capabilities.
Especially important to us is your ability to build meaningful employee engagement and foster a positive and productive culture through enthusiastic leadership. We are looking for a true leader of all people, sensitive to an ever changing workforce. You understand that listening is an active skill - one you use to understand and deepen relationships. You will embrace our company values and all colleagues, no matter their experience level or role, to share their experiences with the team so everyone can grow their awareness and understanding.
You will have your finger on the pulse of the conversations flowing through the center and thus be able to serve a voice of the customer feedback loop to the business based upon your own observations and backed up by data.
Ultimately, we want to become the most beloved pet care brand in the world, and this position will play a meaningful role in helping us get there.
We're Excited About You Because
- 7+ years of experience in leading call center site strategy and operations in a high-growth environment
- Experience leading front-line teams of 200+ service consultants
- Experience leading work-from-home customer service teams
- Ability to set strategy and follow through on tactical implementation and execution of initiatives
- Ability to connect with staff at all levels and provide hands on enthusiastic leadership to effectively manage change
- Proven experience leveraging technology to optimize customer operations
- Experience managing workforce planning in a multi-site and high growth environment
- Experience utilizing and implementing enabling technology (i.e. CRM applications) to drive process improvement
- Ability to use data and analysis to drive decision making
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, highly comfortable with ambiguity
- Provide ongoing insight into customer feedback to ensure the customer journey is effectively managed and optimized to provide an industry-leading experience for our customers
- Hire, scale, train, and retain our CX group as it grows, providing coaching, constructive feedback, and professional development in alignment with TFD company culture
- You lead with empathy, by putting yourselves into the shoes of others and giving space for compassionate reflection and response
Our Ideal Candidate Will Also Have
- A degree in Psychology and/or demonstrable experience in organizational development or a related field
- Certification in change management methodology (e.g. PROSCI) is a plus
- Demonstrable experience supporting an organization through cultural transformation and/or periods of extreme growth
- Experience in AI strategy and implementation for Customer Service organizations
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office located in Nashville/Ft Lauderdale (upon return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug