Senior Demand Planner
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
As the Senior Demand Planner you’ll be responsible for maintaining and monitoring strategic initiatives related to supply chain planning, procurement strategies, and inventory management. This position involves analyzing market dynamics, demand patterns, and supplier relationships to formulate strategies that optimize processes, ensure efficient inventory levels, and drive operational excellence. We’re looking for a highly analytical and action-oriented individual to collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful execution of strategic plans that align with the organization’s long term goals. You’ll have the opportunity to take the foundational understanding we have today to the next level, surfacing new ways of analyzing data to optimize operational efficiency. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Strategic Planning.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Analyze and maintain accurate demand forecasting and inventory optimization strategies that ensure overall alignment with business goals.
- Work closely with procurement and fulfillment teams to streamline and enhance operational processes, from raw ingredient order placement to finished good delivery to our fulfillment centers. Identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, and implement solutions to improve the end-to-end supply chain journey.
- Refine systems for efficient inventory management, balancing stock levels with demand variability. Minimize carrying costs while ensuring product availability.
- Analyze various scenarios related to existing product, recipe optimizations, and new product launches to anticipate potential future challenges and opportunities. Adjust strategic plans accordingly to ensure adaptability.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) related to raw material & inventory management, finished good production, weeks on hand (WOH), and inventory turnover.
- Identify and assess potential risks within the supply chain and develop contingency plans to mitigate disruptions.
- Collaborate with various departments such as growth, finance, operations, and research and development to ensure alignment and seamless execution of forecasting plans.
We're Excited About You Because
- 3+ years of experience in planning, supply chain, or related roles, with a focus on direct-to-consumer operations.
- You have excellent analytics skills and a proven track record of translating data-driven insight into action and consumer-facing impact. Experience with SQL and/or Looker is preferred.
- You have clear, confident and persuasive verbal & written communication skills when working with a diverse group of cross-stakeholders
- You have project management experience and the ability to drive initiatives from concept to implementation.
- You are a strong problem-solver and take a proactive approach to overcoming operational challenges.
- You are adaptable and resilient in a dynamic and rapidly evolving business environment.
- You’re an expert in Excel, e-procurement technologies and system integration.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $74,000 - $80,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.