SVP of Supply Chain
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Who You Are:
The Senior Vice President of Supply Chain (SVP) will play a pivotal role in driving the growth and transformation of our manufacturing and supply chain operations. The SVP will have a proven track record of success in co-manufacturing, scaling high-growth businesses, launching innovative products, and managing expanding facilities. This role entails complete P&L accountability and the management of a growing team. This role reports directly to the CEO.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Take ownership of all physical product lines within the manufacturing vertical, scaling the business while optimizing efficiency and quality through 3rd party manufacturing partners.
- Partnering with FSQR to establish checks and balances between Manufacturing and FSQR to ensure quality and compliance.
- Be accountable to internal C-suite stakeholders for progress on current and new business initiatives/verticals, and design and implement operational plans and processes at co-manufacturers.
- Implement strategies, plans, and procedures to enhance capacity, food safety, quality, and regulatory needs.
- Responsible for launching multiple SKUs in multiple product lines with unique manufacturing requirements
- Collaborates with R&D in developing new innovative products and proactively automates the fulfillment process to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage a team of 40 (including 4 direct reports), with potential for significant team expansion, and co-man facilities across the United States.
- Manage capital investment and expenses to achieve financial targets that promote growth and profitability.
- Collaborate effectively across multiple functions to ensure alignment and efficiency.
Why We're Excited About You:
- You have 12+ years of experience in operations, fulfillment, sourcing, product development, commercialization, and manufacturing, including managing 3rd party partners.
- You have managed multiple facilities, with a large group of employees.
- You have overseen hundreds of millions of units produced annually in a high growth environment.
- You have “ready to eat” and cold chain experience (meat experience is a plus!)
- You have 6+ years of experience leading and growing teams, with a proven history of scaling processes and managing risk in a high-growth environment.
- You have a forward-thinking mentality, a collaborative approach, and financial acumen, all while maintaining uncompromised quality.
- You have the confidence to establish and navigate metrics and provide leadership to the team within an ever-evolving business landscape.
- You must love dogs
- You are comfortable coming into our NYC HQ 3 days a week
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in New York City
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $285,000- $325,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.