The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The HRIS Manager is directly responsible for the design, planning and implementation of all Humans systems initiatives and systems maintenance. This person will be responsible for leading the transition from our PEO to an in-house system. A successful HRIS Manager will take a solutions-focused and collaborative approach to implementing, evolving and improving our Humans systems and processes to support the business. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Humans Operations.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Design and own the end to end planning implementation of all systems initiatives and day to day systems maintenance within the Humans function
- Responsible for the successful implementation, maintenance, operations of our HRIS and interfaces, as well as other Humans systems that are parts of the overall HRIS platform
- Partner and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, and functions, to develop the strategy to define Humans system capabilities and develop new ways to embed HRIS and technology enabled humans data/processes into the day to day business
- Create and maintain process documents and training materials for all systems and provide technical support, troubleshooting and guidance to the Humans function
- Continuously identify areas for improvement with an eye for automation, application operational efficiency and security
We're Excited About You Because
- You have at least 5 years of HRIS and HR process/system improvement experience
- You bring over 2 years of hands-on experience in managing HRIS implementations and enhancements.
- You demonstrate proven expertise in Excel and Google Sheets.
- Your profile reflects strong analytical skills, coupled with a detail-oriented approach and robust problem-solving abilities.
- You exhibit a highly self-motivated demeanor, capable of effectively managing multiple priorities.
- You embrace a continuous improvement mindset in your professional approach.
- Your organizational skills are exceptional.
- Your communication skills, both oral and written, are outstanding, complemented by strong interpersonal abilities.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in NYC!
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and hybrid work policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $125,000 - $135,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer.