The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We're on the lookout for a talented individual who can spearhead our internal treasury management function. As the Treasury Manager, you'll take charge of managing our cash, movements of cash in our bank accounts and investments, reconciling our bank accounts, cash forecasting, managing our credit, including the overall strategy of use of credit cards for invoice payments. Picture yourself as the driving force behind setting up and managing a world-class Treasury function. This role will partner closely with our FP&A team, accounting team and senior management.
The Treasury Manager will report to the VP Finance/Controller.
How You'll Make An Impact
Standardize and document procedures and controls around cash management
- Implement automation as much as possible to manage the movements of our cash and investments
- Elevate the process and accuracy around cash forecasting
- Review monthly bank account reconciliations
- First point of contact for our banking relationships
- Manage the use of our credit, including credit cards, to ensure the most efficient invoice and bill payment methods are being used
We're Excited About You Because
- You have a natural intellectual curiosity that makes you want to investigate things and understand them fully
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and will approach your role to make it better every day
- You bring 5+ years of experience in banking and/or treasury functions at a bank, investment institution or in-house at a company.
- You bring a background and knowledge in banking and treasury, as well as ideas around how to automate processes and implement good controls
- Familiarity with Netsuite is a valuable addition
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams (Finance, Accounting, IT) and external banking and credit partners
- Proficient at holding individuals accountable, even without direct reporting authority, and adept at delivering constructive feedback across the organization
- Thrive in fast-paced settings, you possess an assertive and proactive work approach
- Meticulously organized and detail-oriented, you adeptly juggle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Your decisions are data-driven, and you thrive on delving deep into intricacies
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $120,000 - $130,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.