Senior Analyst I
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
What We Stand For and Where You’ll Come In
We have big ambitions, our mission is to give dog lovers true peace of mind by helping them do the best for their dogs – this will require us to completely reimagine how we care for our dogs and drive meaningful shifts in an industry that is desperate for change.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Sr Data Analyst I to holistically improve the way we build our strategy around new product expansion to drive customer retention. You’ll be responsible for identifying new opportunities to leverage our growing product portfolio with insightful analysis, and driving seamless execution through strategic plans, optimal data accessibility, and guidance on performance measurement, interpretation and decisioning. The analytics function at TFD masters experimentation, exploratory data analysis, and reporting to evaluate and recommend business decisions. You’ll have the opportunity to take the foundation we have in place today and evolve it effectively with the business.
In the role, you’ll partner closely with teams across the business (Acquisition, Brand, Product & Engineering, CX, Operations, Data Strategy & Insights, etc.) to build a best-in-class customer lifecycle. You’ll have the opportunity to work on everything from partnering with Product & Engineering, Ops, Manufacturing and Customer Experience to design sophisticated, longitudinal experiments to developing our strategy for how we communicate to and educate our customers about our products.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of an area in the company that is ready for innovation in measurement strategy and analytics. You’ll have real ownership over improving our customers’ lives (and the lives of their four-legged companions!), while making a foundational impact on our growth efforts.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Partner closely with business stakeholders (Finance, Core Products, Ops, Manufacturing and Product & Engineering, etc.) to identify and unlock opportunities for growth - with focus on improving customer retention, product adoption, revenue generation, and thoughtfully planned execution
- Translate complex business questions into concrete learning objectives and data solutions
- Help stakeholders prioritize initiatives based on expected impact, and measure these initiatives' impact on cohort retention and revenue generation
- Design sophisticated, cross functional experiments and help build up our arsenal of tools and best practices for experimentation along the way
- Work with our finance and demand planning teams to upgrade and optimize our forecasting and planning processes, tightly integrating strategic initiatives into our longer term
- Strike the balance between maintaining high standards of analytical work and delivering value consistently
We're Excited About You Because
- 5-8+ years of experience in Consulting, or Analytics at a consumer company.
- Experience in strategic finance and/or new product expansion (either directly, or as analytics support for these functions)
- Expert-level analytical skills and a proven track record of using data to drive customer-facing impact and business results
- Strong SQL skills and a deep understanding of relational databases and how to leverage a wide-variety of data structures to drive insights and power customer-facing communications.
- Strong reporting and data visualization skills, and experience in guiding data interpretation with varied audiences (from tactical contributors like capacity planners and program managers, to highly data literate executives)
- A/B testing and statistical fundamentals and experience
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements for Data Science, Data Engineering and Analytics functions
- Bonus points for familiarity with:
- Looker and writing LookML
- Developing transformation logic in DBT
- Predictive LTV modeling
About The Growth Team
We have five principles that describe our approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
About the DSI team
Data Strategy and Insights is a center of excellence within the growth team. DSI comprises 3 functional groups - data engineering, analytics engineering, and analytics. This role sits within the analytics function at TFD, which masters experimentation, exploratory data analysis, and reporting to evaluate and recommend business decisions.
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $130,000 - $150,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.