Creative Director, Copy
The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We’re looking for a Creative Director, Copywriting who can conceive, write, and develop strategically sound, smart, culturally resonant work across every platform. The work you create will help grow our business and our brand, and will help dogs everywhere live healthier, happier lives!
You’ll conceive, write, oversee/develop, and help produce work that will connect with dog lovers on every channel, earn attention from the media, and inspire people to become The Farmer's Dog customers and loyalists.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Conceive, write, and develop a wide range of creative work, from integrated advertising campaigns and activations to performance-driven ads.
- Work with other members of our creative team to develop and shepherd ideas from thought starters to produced assets.
- Develop and write social-first content that will connect with dog lovers on every channel, earn attention from the media, and inspire people to become The Farmer's Dog customers and loyalists.
- Work across departments to immerse yourself in the product and brand and execute on business needs and objectives.
- Continually look for creative opportunities to push our brand message and identity through all paid, earned and owned channels.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of copywriters.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 10+ years of experience as a copywriter, preferably at a leading creative agency or in-house creative studio known for developing remarkable advertising (a portfolio with creative, relevant work for which you were primarily responsible is required).
- You have experience articulating rich, memorable stories through advertising
- You write everything from product-centric copy for a mailer to scripts for national TV spots.
- You are a true writer and storyteller who loves and lives the written word.
- You can conceive great ideas but are also a craftsperson
- You work with other creatives to develop concepts; you can spot a golden nugget in the brainstorm brain dump and help turn it into something great.
- You have experience shepherding ideas through production, working with internal and external production partners.
- You can quickly grasp, and bring to life the voice of a brand, and help evolve that voice.
- You’re as comfortable working on big-picture initiatives as you are getting in the weeds with the fine points of word choice.
- You're media and cultural savvy - you know the best way to deliver the best idea.
- You're adaptable to different working styles, mindsets, and personalities, showcasing a willingness to collaborate with all.
- You're a true dog person -- even if you don’t have one!
The office is open and available for all Monday through Friday. We ask all team members to be in office a minimum of 2-3 days a week to build a collaborative and invested environment to foster our unique in-person culture we are proud to have. This office policy is subject to change at company discretion.
Our DEI Philosophy:
Our company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and hybrid work policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $185,000 - $220,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.