Manager, Software Engineering (Platform)
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
At Thrive Market, our Platform team is in a constant state of innovation, crafting highly-performant and scalable services that empower our product teams to create exceptional customer experiences. Here, you will find the autonomy to drive critical initiatives that not only advance our mission but also propel our platform to new heights of excellence.
We are currently on the lookout for a Manager of Engineering to join our esteemed Platform Engineering team. In this role, you will lead a dynamic group of passionate engineers, specifically our talented Backend team. Their primary focus is on crafting a world-class e-Commerce experience for our valued subscribers. Furthermore, you will take charge of architecting scalable, agile, and resilient e-commerce APIs, as well as shaping a platform that delivers joy to shoppers with every interaction.
- Develop REST, and JSON API services that enable new customer experiences
- Decompose existing services into scalable microservices where needed
- Build services that scale horizontally and provide low uniform latency as demand increases, leveraging the right tools (languages, databases, serverless, distributed streaming, etc)
- Working with Golang, Python, PHP, Java, AWS, Kafka
- Test-driven development from the get-go, to protect customer experience and build speed and reliability into the development process. Incorporate meaningful metrics into new services and functionality you build and evangelize them
- Work with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues and restore function
- Work closely with the product team and innovate game-changing ideas for the Customer
- Create discussions around architecture and code design choices where appropriate
- Able to enforce best practices and process enforcement
- Level up the team by strategically planning & assigning tasks, challenging them to raise the bar
- Own the SLA around API’s owned by their pod, know what’s in class and strive with team to achieve by raising the bar
- 7+ years developing end-to-end high-traffic responsive cross-platform sites
- Working knowledge of Linux, Relational & NoSQL databases, serverless
- Understand tradeoffs between architecture choices, and various database technologies i.e. Relational Vs Document Vs Wide Column
- Working knowledge with different AWS services - Lambda, S3, cloudwatch etc
- Experience in building n-tier applications which can support millions of transactions per day
- Shipped multiple high-customer impact use cases through simple and effective solutions, in a highly trafficked customer-facing product
- Understand scaling and performance in a microservice architecture
- Experience using version control such as Git
- Able to prioritize Customer, Team, and Business ahead of everything else on a consistent basis
- Good working knowledge of various AWS services such as lambda, s3, cloud watch
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools like New relic effectively to maintain SLA, Apdex and error rate in check..
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY:
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Yoga, meditation, and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership with exclusive employee discount
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we encourage you to apply.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2023 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $190,000 - $220,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health and Wellness Benefits, Unlimited PTO, and more!