Facility Maintenance Technician
Reno, NV, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy and sustainable living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
As a Warehouse Maintenance Technician, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our warehouse by maintaining and repairing various types of equipment and fixtures throughout the building. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of mechanical and electrical systems, possess excellent troubleshooting skills, and be proficient in the use of various tools.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on warehouse equipment to ensure optimal functionality and safety
- Must be able to qualify on MHE and scissor lift and successfully pass a drug test
- General maintenance and repairs of fixtures and conveyor systems
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical issues with warehouse equipment and develop effective repair solutions
- Conduct routine inspections of equipment to identify potential problems and address them proactively - Lockout/Tagout
- Execute repairs on warehouse machinery and systems in a timely and efficient manner to minimize downtime
- Collaborate with other team members and/or departments to prioritize maintenance tasks and coordinate repair schedules. This will also include maintaining good relations with our vendors and or county officials
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, inspections, and repairs
- Follow all safety protocols and procedures when working with warehouse equipment and tools
- Winter duties include snow and ice mitigation
- Operating a floor scrubber to ensure FC floors are clean from debris and free from slips or falls
- Loading pallets into trailers
- Safety minded at all times and potentially be part of our Safety Committee
- Special work hours may occasionally be assigned depending on FC/project needs
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience in maintenance and repairs
- Proficiency in using a variety of hand and power tools for maintenance and repairs
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve equipment issues effectively
- Mechanical aptitude, and a clear understanding of mechanical systems
- Understanding of electrical systems, conveyor systems and tooling
- Must have great communication skills, in order to maintain good relationships with assigned vendors, county or government agencies
- Proactive and self-starter; ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Experience operating and maintaining scissor lifts
- Successfully pass a drug test, since this position will be operating equipment on a routine basis
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy and precision
- Must be safety conscious
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Competitive pay + equity
- Multiple work schedules available
- Opportunities for advancement. We have programs that will start you on a path and train you along the way
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we encourage you to apply.
Thrive Market is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2024 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The starting hourly rate for this position is $20.00 per hour.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location and/or shift differentials.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Accrued PTO, and more!