Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking for motivated engineers to join our team on our mission.
The Build and Deploy team enables iOS, Android, Backend, and Web engineers to reliably and quickly deliver new features to users.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Build and Deploy team, you will push the boundaries of continuous integration to support deploying software hundreds of times per day to users. You will build systems that help increase the safety of deployments while also increasing the velocity of releasing new features. In addition, you will play a key role in driving large-scale Kubernetes infrastructure and architecture projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams to design and implement highly scalable and resilient clusters, ensuring optimal performance and stability for the entire software delivery pipeline. You will help set the direction of Build and Deploy to impact engineers across all WHOOP technology stacks.
- Contribute to architectural discussions and decision-making processes to drive improvements and scalability in the build and deployment infrastructure.
- Lead developer productivity improvements through tooling.
- Develop and maintain WHOOP’s Kubernetes clusters running on AWS infrastructure.
- Educate other teams on solutions and frameworks available to help them improve their software delivery.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers on the Build and Deploy team.
- Help shape the roadmap for build and deployment at WHOOP.
- In-depth understanding of Kubernetes architecture and components, including familiarity with container networking concepts, such as overlay networks, service mesh, and network policies.
- Knowledge of multi-cluster networking and communication patterns, including service discovery, cluster networking, and hybrid/multi-cloud operability.
- Experience developing RESTful applications in Java, C#, or Python
- Experience gathering feedback from multiple stakeholders and prioritizing work to maximize business impact.
- Expertise in measuring the performance of workflows and using the data to remove bottlenecks.
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across a multitude of systems.
Find out more about us: "WHOOP Software Principles"
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility