VP of Quality Assurance (Hardware Manufacturing)
Other Engineering, Quality Assurance
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As VP of Quality Assurance (Hardware Manufacturing) at WHOOP, you’ll work closely internally with the Hardware Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, Factory teams, and externally with our contract manufacturing and component suppliers, to develop, implement and coordinate quality assurance programs to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products, while managing the predictability, repeatability, sustainability and scalability of manufacturing and quality processes.
- Develop and lead a team of Quality Assurance Engineers
- Control the quality assurance interaction with final assembly and SMT manufacturing sites, as well as critical sub-component suppliers from planning through execution stages
- Manage weekly, monthly, quarterly reviews with manufacturing sites and critical sub-suppliers to discuss quality plans, key performance indicators and improvement actions
- Drive and facilitate transformative quality improvement projects connecting field performance analytics with design, final assembly, SMT and key component supplier stakeholders
- Present quality performance data and audit results regularly to executive leadership and advise on quality risks, costs of poor quality, and continuous improvement plans
- Participate with R&D engineering in the assessment of new product design quality and reliability
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role in consumer electronics products
- Masters degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Previous experience working collaboratively in a startup environment with a high performance supply chain and hardware engineering team
- Experience in consumer electronics electro-mechanical assembly process, evaluation of plastic molding and battery cell quality plans
- Extensive experience working with Mexico and/or China operations
- Bilingual English+Mandarin or English+Spanish language skills a strong plus
- Expertise in quality engineering, auditing, Six Sigma, statistical analysis, ISO standards, lean systems, corrective action, and prevention
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification required
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer required
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.