Software Engineer (Web, Growth)
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
The Growth Team at WHOOP is responsible for increasing WHOOP’s reach, acquiring new members, and implementing strategic changes to our business model. We take a very data-driven approach to everything we do, meaning we frequently measure the performance of our features and make iterations based on those results.
As Software Engineer on the Growth team, you will contribute to software features focused on increasing conversion rate, customer lifetime value, and service reliability. You will contribute towards the technical direction and influence features alongside your peers and product management. You will work in a data-driven environment where you will perform A/B tests to receive quick feedback about the impact of your work and make iterative improvements based on test results.
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Contribute to our web application development (React, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Consistently deliver features and PRs with an iterative approach
- Conduct A/B tests and collect data to influence product decisions
- Experience in modern web frameworks (React and Next.js preferred)
- Familiarity in API design and development (Java preferred)
- Familiarity with relational database design and development (SQL)
- Positive attitude and ownership mentality
- Strong communication skills to work both collaboratively and independently
- Experience integrating with Stripe or other third party payment processing systems preferred
Find out more about us: "WHOOP Software Principles"
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.